Monday, October 12, 2020

MONTHLY CHALLENGE - Mini Challenge in the Challenge #1 - One Sheet Wonder

 Good morning, crafty friends!

Wow, I have a busy week so this is going to be the only post this week. 

Bob leaves tomorrow then I have three days to finish these baby albums. As you'll see in today's video, these are the first three (of many) for the two books. 

I hope you enjoy. If you have questions about dimensions, please leave them in the comments below. The One Sheet Wonder used is free to members of the Scrap All About It With Dearjuliejulie facebook group. 

You'll find that link HERE

Wednesday, October 7, 2020


Good morning, crafty friends!

Last week, I showed you my Slim Classic Happy Planner that I use for my editorial calendar. 
Today, I show you how I track my social media in the same planner

If you're wanting to build a brand and a business, there's more to the plan than just making sure you post to your YouTube, website or blog. You also need to make sure you are ADVERTISING. 

I don't know about you but if I don't have a check-off of some type, I don't remember if I posted a picture to Instagram or my blog. 

I wasn't able to discern if the stamps were Kelly Purkey or not. I'll be able to tell you when I can get to that corner of my office. Hopefully, by next Wednesday's planner post.

Creative Blessings

~ Kelly


Tuesday, October 6, 2020

10-MINUTE TUESDAY - A 20 Minute Card!

 Good morning, crafty friends!

Yeah - for some reason this card took twenty minutes! I have no clue why. The dimensions were figured out ahead of time and everything was right there on the desk in front of me.

This card is actually a Card Chicks kit from February. I kept losing track of Barb's envelope! So glad I found it as I used the cards as birthday cards!

I started with a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" Blushing Bride cardbase

The Sahara Sand cardstock mat is 5-1/4" x 4"

I cut the first DSP paper to 2-1/4" x 3-1/4" 

The next piece of Sahara Sand is cut 3-7/8" x 2-7/8"

Layer with a piece of DSP cut to 2-3/4" x 3-3/4"

Image is trimmed to 3-1/4" x 2-1/8" The Blushing Bride mat is trimmed to be 1/8" wider all the way around. I did this by gluing the image onto the mat, then trimming to 1/8" on all four sides. You want just a shadow to let the image stand out from the card.

Watch the video to see how the pieces come together to make the card:

Remember the Designer Series Paper sale on Stampin' Up! through October 31st.
You will find me by Find My Demonstrator and putting Kelly Henkins - Birch Tree MO in the search box.  

I'll be back tomorrow with Part 2 of the Editorial Calendar video.

Creative Blessings
~ Kelly

Monday, October 5, 2020

MONTHLY CHALLENGE MONDAY - #osbjjc - Baby Albums

 Good morning, crafty friends!

I'm getting stuff done up ahead of time for the week as best I can. Bob and I are here and there celebrating our birthdays so I wanted to make sure crafty stuff was shared.

For Monthly Challenge Monday this week, I'm sharing the particulars for the October Stashbuster Junk Journal Challenge 2020 with @Dearjuliejulie Junk Journal Everyday. I have two baby girl 'First Year' albums to get done by the 14th of this month so this challenge is perfect for keeping me on track.

I'm also sharing not one, but two happy mail envelopes I received over the weekend.

I give up! LOL I've flipped this picture mutliple times, resized it and to top it off the thumbnail you see here is NOT the one on the YouTube screen. 
What you see here is an upside down picture of the components for my October kit. On YouTube you get a thumbnail of some of the Happy Mail I received.

I'll be back tomorrow with a 10-Minute Tuesday card that only took 20 minutes! LOL

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly

Sunday, October 4, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! SUNDAY - Halloween Home Decor 2

 Goodmorning, crafty friends!

I'm back today to light up your world with another home decor item.

We're using the dies from the Halloween Night stamp/ die bundle

Remember - with Bundles you save 10% off the purchase price!

NOTE:  I'll add a picture of the candle this evening.
I didn't have the proper set-up for photographing a lighted object last night.

Here's today's video:

Creative Dreams!
~ Kelly

Saturday, October 3, 2020


 Good morning, crafty friends!

Welcome to World Cardmaking Day!

This year is a lot less hectic for me than last. Today, I'm focusing on my one blog post then seeing how many other projects I can video

Today's card is a SPOOKY Card using the Festive Corners Photopolymer stamp set as well as the Magic In This Night DSP. Here's the card:

To see how this card went together in under 15 minutes, check out today's video:

Rememebr, tomorrow is STAMPIN' UP! SUNDAY. I have another fun and quick home decor item just in time for Halloween.

If you're not into Halloween, I will be doing a similar version of tomorrow's product for FALL so stay tuned!

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly

Friday, October 2, 2020

FRIDAY FREEBIE - Holiday Picture Frame & Tip!

 Good morning, crafty friends!

I seem to be in a holiday decor kind of mood. I guess, with all the Halloween/ Fall decorations going up, I just can't stop! 

Today's video walks you through putting together a Christmas framed piece perfect for your home - even with the smallest amount of space - or as a gift for someone.

I've used the Wonder of the Seasons Memories & More cardpack as well as the Heartwarming Hugs designer series paper from Stampin' Up!

Here's a picture of the card:

Watch the video for a tip on making the most of your designer series paper.

I will be back tomorrow with another project.

Creative Blessings
~ Kelly