Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WOYWW 213 - Stop! Drop! Play with the Grandbabies!

It's WEDNESDAY... you know what that means!  
I really love What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. Hostess, Julia Dunnit atStampin' Ground has created this awesome web of participants that allows us to peek inside each other's studios every week. Just click -> WOYWW to see what it's all about.



Okay, so it isn't pretty and there doesn't look as if there has been much creating. My studio is downstairs and I spent 5 weeks upstairs with my granddaughters - Adrian 5.5 yrs and Abigail 19 months. Not a lot of crafting either. Either Adrian and I couldn't do much because her little sister wanted to be into everything she shouldn't or Adrian herself just could not focus. This child has never NOT been able to focus when it comes to making things. I do say she is much better in the kitchen though and quite proud of herself for learning to crack an egg. After that she wanted eggs in everything so she could crack them. LOL

I will have a couple of items to show you in the coming weeks we were able to do. She copied a SpongeBob card from Pinterest for a Father's Day card. She got to use the Sizzix and chalks so she thought those were cool.  Hopefully by next Wed, my desk will have some of MY creative stuff going on. I've spent lots of grabbed minutes here and there on Pinterest and have some lovely ideas for art journal techniques.

The other thing that has been derailing my focus from crafting is my novella, Somewhere Down the Line. Thanks to all of my friends and family who voted, my novella has made it to Stage 2 of the competition. Now the voting begins again. This time you get to read the first page of the story. Help me make it to Stage 3 and you'll get the first 1,000 words of this Contemporary Romance based on the lyrics of a song. If you missed my original post about the competition, you can read it HERE. And if you'd like to see me make it one step closer to a digital publishing contract, then please go VOTE. You can vote Once Per Day - EVERY DAY between now and July 7th. I also ask that you share this paragraph with all your friends and family. I feel like an American Idol contestant. I need votes to move forward in the competition. :-)

Bob is on his way home from Chicago so I'm off to make the house presentable. Presently the rooms have the after-affects of 2 Tornadic little girls. LOL

Creative Blessings!
Kelly

20 comments:

  1. Your granddaughters sound so sweet! I love the look of your desk, so many interesting tools to look at! If you're an art journaler, you might be interested in reading my WOYWW post today ;)
    Zoe @ Top Floor Treasures, #100

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zoe!
    Thanks for stopping by. Yep, they are adorable... and so totally different. I'm headed your direction now. Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i voted yesterday and shared the news with the PBUers.
    Wednesday always gets here too soon for WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for spreading the word and voting, sweetie!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy spending time with your granddaughter. The little ones do get into EVERYTHING they shouldn't. Happy crafting #5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Regina. Thing is, Adrian was never this bad LOL Abby has been a whole new experience.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing and have a great week

    Candace #43

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Candace. Creative Blessings!

      Delete
  6. Your grand-daughters sound so sweet and I love the idea of wanting to crack eggs all the time once she found she could! Good luck with the novella. I would like to vote and I went to the link, but I'm not sure of your surname! Julie Ann x #65

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie Ann

      Just look for Somewhere Down the LIne by T.G. Sheppard (NOT my pen name hehe) I think it's the 3rd one down. Thanks for your support!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your grand-daughters. Those are such special moments and your desk will always be there to come back to. Thanks for sharing and happy woyww Liz@71

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! I LOVE my time with my girls. This time things just kept changing about what we were going to do and I don't handle change well. But we managed :-)

      Delete
  8. That's quite another type of 'creativity' you dealt with.. keeping two little girls happy! Sounds like fun too... Happy ~ belated ~ woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #91

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Marit! Thanks for the Hug from Holland. So sweet. Will stop by later. Hugs back!

      Delete
  9. Hi Kelly! Thanks for the info, I just voted and I will try to do so again tomorrow! Lots of luck! Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a lot of fun with your grand children and I'm sure you're helping to form many happy memories for them. It also sounds like you can blame them for your lack of Christmas cards as you can't get to your desk, lol! THanks for popping in already.

    Hugs
    Brenda 2

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with the grandkids. So funny about the eggs. LOL!! Take care and here's to conquering round two!! GO KELLY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kelly, you have been creating something...memories these are the memories your granddaughters will always remember, and what could be better than that. Thanks for visiting me already.
    happy art making
    Hugs Lottie #10

    ReplyDelete
  13. just waving hello ! glad to see you are enjoying being a grandma : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Time with the grand babies is way more important than your table. Glad you had fun with them.

    ReplyDelete