Monday, October 14, 2013

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Simple Sleep Shirts

I did have these pics under my Needlwork Thursday but since they are also an upcycle kind of project I thought the would work well here, too.

When the girls were here this summer, I discovered Adrian has grown into the T-shirt and undies sleeping attire. No more buying cute night gowns or jammie sets. In a way, that isn't a bad thing. Even at places like Walmart, those girly items are getting so expensive. A trip to a thrift store will provide you with options for t-shirts to sleep in but they just seem 'blah' to me. Unless you have a favorite like Sponge Bob or Angry Birds. In which case, you don't find a lot of those t-shirts on the discount racks.

So this grandma got creative. I bought a back of boys plain white cotton t-shirts in 2 sizes larger than Adrian typically wears. For about $8 I got 6 shirts. I raided my fabric stash for items I knew Adrian liked. Most of the fabrics were remnants from when I've made her other things in the past such as her Sponge Bob pillow case.

On the night before I had to take her back home, she fell asleep in my bed watching her favorite shows while I whipped these together with the trusty wonder under and the iron.







All 6 only took me about 3 hours but that included pressing the fabric, adhering to the wonder under, detail cutting then ironing onto the shirts.

Creative Blessings!


4 comments:

  1. Aaaaahhhhh, cute t-shirts. She will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so adorable. I know Adrian will just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I commented the other day . sorry . the ts are too cute for words

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!! Love them all but my favorite is the"best friends' one.

    ReplyDelete