Monday, February 22, 2016

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Studio progress

 

Not very pretty, eh? But there is a good use, I promise.

For months ahead of putting the studio together, I combed YouTube, Pinterest and Splitcoast Stampers for ideas. I wanted recyclable storage. Items I could use from around the house. I did not want to spend my budget on storage. That money was better spent on new toys for the studio. Right? 

One of the storage solutions that had my attention was this one.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/184929128423808586/

If you would like to see Karen's full room make over, you can check it out at Sew Many Ways

While the black with white polka dot looked cool in her room, I wanted color. Though trying to find the right fabric in bulk became a challenge. I had found the perfect fabric prior to getting the budget in place for the build. But when I went back to get the fabric, they did not have any more. So I went to Plan B... A little of this and a little of that.

Here is one of the boxes covered:


If you look hard, you can still see the box beneath, but these are stored in my 2-door cabinet so I was not concerned with taking the time to primer, paint the box before covering as I did the larger ones for the visible shelves. (I'll show those in the Grande Finale)

But here's how the boxes look in place:


These sit inside of my 2-door mixed media cabinet. I use them to store mostly texturing tools such as large textured sponges, produce netting, and harder tools such as sea shells, threaded pipe, hot rollers, etc.  Though I do have a larger box on the very bottom shelf that holds all of my calendars.

Not that is finished, I can focus on finishing my ScrapRack.
Creative Blessings!




2 comments:

  1. What a great storage up cycle idea! Cute colors too. I like the chevron design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete