Tuesday, February 13, 2018

TEAPOT TUESDAY - Off to The Netherlands



I'm happy to be back playing in Teapot Tuesday on Splitcoast Stampers. The concept behind Teapot Tuesday is to be inspired by the challenge, but also have the opportunity to send your card to a designated person who could use a bit of cheer.

This week's card is on it's way to The Netherlands. As you can see, we mail all over the world. Our tea party is in honor of Ms. Annie Beerkens. Ms Annie is recovering from a lung infection. As we get older, we know recovery can be very slow. She is 78 and still a fashionista! With that in mind, we were inspired to use fashion in our card. 

My mind went instantly to some die cuts I've been hoarding for about four years. They were the now-retired dress form die from Stampin' Up! I'd borrowed my sister-in-law's die set and cut several from patterned papers as well as velvet papers. I cut the dress forms from tan and chocolate velvet papers. Haven't figured out where to use them yet.


I started with a Powder Pink card base and added layers of paper from a Recollections Floral Squares 12x12. They were 4 4x6 art cards. I've used one as the first layer, then trimmed another down to place the red velvet dress. I tucked a very vanilla doily under the edge. The sentiment from Beautiful You (SU) is stamped in Tuxedo Momento Black on Very Vanilla and matted on Cherry Cobbler. The jewel at the breast is from SU Clear Faceted Gems. I'm not sure where all of my pearls went to.  I have several cards worth in the Scrap Rack but they were all larger than I wanted. I was looking for my SU size variety.

I hope Ms. Annie likes her card.

Anyone is welcome to play. Come join us, won't you?


3 comments:

  1. Love that teapot! Your card is so pretty and fashionable. I bet Ms. Annie will love your card. I haven’t played the Teapot .tuesday for awhile now! There are just too many challenges and Blog hops; can’t do them all and live life, too! I know you know about that! For some reason my blogs email notices are going to spam. That is where I found this one! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and so long very to see that beautiful dress getting an airing!

    ReplyDelete