Monday, March 8, 2021

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Coffee & Avocados

 


Good afternoon, everyone!

I've been a bit busy today. I started dying papers - first avocado then coffee - at 4:30 this morning. I pulled the last tray out of the oven at 3 p.m. 

The stack in the top left isn't part of the process... those are book pages I'll be using for another challenge on Youtube.

The paper dying started as a result of the video below. I saw the hashtag #cwplanner and zoomed in like a bird on prey LOL. 


I didn't get her pre-printed planner but I did go to her ETSY shop and purchased the downloads. Looking at them, I knew I wanted to do them on coffee-dyed papers. So there you have my project today.

I've also posted my Creativity Planner recap for February. Here's the video for that one if you are interested in my progress:


I will be back tomorrow with a Color Challenge card. Those posts will run in the afternoon as they do not post the challenge until Tuesday mornings. 

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly





3 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, thanks for the visit. I did some coffee dyed papers the other day. I usually do 14 at a time as I can’t stand up for longer. I am intrigued with avocado dyed papers and tried to make the picture larger to see if I could spot which was which :). I have had a couple of false starts with making a junk journal. I made a book cover with my master boards and then cut the spine when I tried to trim it! The first time I tried it I had used Mod Podge on my covers and I couldn’t get rid of the stickiness. So I guess it’s third time lucky. Angela Crafting with Jack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Angela
      I recommend the Beginner Junk Journal series on YouTube by DearJulieJulie Junk Journal Every Day. She started very basic last year and did 3 or 4 .. progressing with each one. I'm on her design team and love her monthly challenges. If you want to visit, we are on YouTube EVERY DAY at 10:30 a.m. PST (12:30 cst)

      The avocado ones are the stack on the right.
      Cya tomorrow!

      Delete
    2. sorry... avocado ones are the pink ones near the top. lol

      Delete