Wednesday, June 2, 2021

WOYWW #626

Good morning, everyone!

I do apologize for not getting round last week. You saw my lovely clean spot in prep for a 7-day collab with two youtubers, Dearjuliejulie and Cara Brandon Creations. I am on Julie's design team. The two of them had each created a set of seven digital pages and recruited about 15 'elves' to showcase the new kits. If you want to see some really creative people, search the hashtag - 

#7dayssummerdigi2021

Each day we would take the Day 1 page from each kit and create items to help promote the kits.  That's seven days of creations with seven days worth of videos.  I'll leave a video down below of one of the days.

Aside from the 7-day collab, the end of the month brings three other videos to my channel. 24th - Reindeer Club, 25th - Smash that Small Paper Pad collab and the 31st (or 30th) Canned Paper Pumpkin collab.

In the mean time, this is the aftermath of seven full days of creativity:


The pile of fabric in the front were actually placed there from off the stool behind me so I could move the stool out of my way to take the picture without sending everything tumbling too the floor.

Here's a sample of what came from this disaster:


I need to finish the folio cover today. Tomorrow I'll put all the embellishments I've made into the folio and do a video flip through on my Finish It Friday video.

I'll leave you with this:e o


We've named one of these guys Nuts.. he's on the left. He loves his woodpecker cake. Mostly, just the black sunflower seeds. If that feeder is empty, Nuts will come up on the deck and rattle the lid on the feed bin.. , then hop up on the railing and look in the window to see if I've heard him. Oh, and Woody, my Nutthalls woodpecker is the cutest. If the feeder is empty, he will hang onto the side and call to me. Woody is one of four varieties of woodpeckers that come to my feeder.  Nope... even my wild critters aren't spoiled... MUCH.  

A bit of info.. did you know that some varieties of woodpeckers, particularly the Nutthall and the Pileated, will only BACK DOWN a tree... making a sound similar to a large vehicle back up noise, 

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly 






12 comments:

  1. I loved the pic and story about the animals visiting the feeders, that made me smile! I get great pleasure from watching the blackbirds and sparrows having baths in my ‘water feature’ in the garden (which is just a plastic tray sunk into the ground but it works!). Seriously, even if you’re having a black day, just watching a bird splash around will lift the spirits!
    Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOunds like you have been really busy getting creative Kelly. Love your wildlife friends! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #14 (I had a lie in for the holidays).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, I have to be honest I've been out Lol! We have a friend who is going into hospital soon and our little group of retired teachers just wanted to wish her all the best so we sat and had coffee but I'm back now. You have been busy! Your desk definitely reflects it too Lol!. Wishing you a very happy woyww and a lovely week too. Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly......your deskkkkk!! Woeee!! LOL You have sooo much going on that I don't know if I'd know if I was coming or going!!! LOL But it seems like you have an excellent handle on it all!! Must go take a peek at the vids!! Your "critter" story and the feeders is too cute!! I am not too sure I would be as nice as you are!! I so want different types of birds to come to my feeders and I always get the same ones! So other "critters" trying to horn in would bring lots of "bugger offs" from me! LOLOL Squirrels are cute to be sure, but I do love my birdies! :) Thanks for stopping in on my blog! I have followed you for several years so it's a pleasure to have you stop in!! Blessings to you! Felicia #23

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that;s a busy desk- signs of fun times spent! love the pics.. Have a great week Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that desk really has been put put through it's paces, sign of a good collaboration with your crafty Youtube buddy, sounds like great fun.
    We have squirrels come nibble on the bird feeders but they alway leave enough for the birds. Yours sound very cheeky hee hee!
    Happy WoywW Tracey #5

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow a very busy desk. Thought mine looked like a train wreck lol! Thanks for your visit. Anne x 22

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not know that about some woodpeckers, how extraordinary! You must have had a fabulous week, even if it was hard work, time consuming and mess making, the inspiration and makes have made it so worthwhile, well done! As for your desk..looks pretty familiar to me, I see no problem with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the feeder pic - and the stories. Loved to see your desk like that!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #17

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely busy desk, Kelly, and an adorable picture of the squirrel on the feeder! I smiled at the idea of the woodpecker coming down backwards and making the reversing noise! Really funny. A question of nature imitating art perhaps? Lol!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #11

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had some bird feeders left on my door step the other week, still have no idea who left them there! Happy Very VERY Late last weeks woyww ((Lyn)) #19

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your visit last week, Kelly, and for your kind words, blessings and prayers. I am so glad you enjoyed seeing my posh new knitting bag! I am very pleased with it. Glad you enjoyed the other bits too. Our new plum tree is beginning to sprout tiny little shoots of green!

    Happy WOYWW for this week,
    Shoshi x #9

    ReplyDelete