Wednesday, June 7, 2023

WOYWW #731

 Good morning, friends!

A bit late to the game. Was a busy week and a half once Bob got over his cold. I think he was apprehensive about going back to work  in a new harbor. He's never worked this harbor before or with some of the people (though some of his original team are there as well). You remember sending your kids off to school with their jitters of new place/ new people. I spent the rest of his time doing lots of stuff with him.

He left this morning and arrived in time for the Captain's meeting with the boss. He'll be fine. Now I have to dive back in.

First thing I need to address is I have an ATC and I can't read who it's from. There is no address on the envelope. I'm showing all the ATCs next week but if someone can tell me who sent the ATC with the brightly colored flower/ heart and says WOYWW is where the (Heart) is I would love to be able to give credit as well as send one back.  Thanks for your help!

The work table is buried again... LOL ....  I have FINALLY fine-tuned the filming corner and couldn't be happier with the space...


I have room to work. The carousel bag on the left needs to be gone through so I don't have 3 different containers of the same items. I'm also going to try the bag for a bit longer to see if I like it. Things are usually in the way, preventing the bag from spinning. I may wind up going back to my coffee mugs lined up along the back ot the table. I should have taken a picture of the shelving behind. I'll save that for next week.

Then this is the window ledge to my right:


From left to right, you can see my larger scissors, my urn full of craft sticks, my Tim Holtz ephemera books then the ink pad storage I made from the $Tree items. I thought I'd shown that before but can't find a picture or a post so I'll include that next week.  Then the cube for my ink spots. Above that is my SU ribbon holder then a letter box above that with favorite stamps I seldom use just like to look at. LOL 

My project for today is to go through all of my ink spots and make spots from the re-inkers of colors that are missing and ink all the pads good so they'll be ready when I need them. I took time a couple of months ago and sorted all of my ink spots into boxes by color - NOT the color families like SU uses. This enables me to pull out a variety of shades in any particular color.

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 

Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly





8 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful place to make videos now. I am impressed. Gosh. You have a ton of supplies. SO many ribbons too. I store all my reinkers by type, not brand. I have dye, pigment, distress, and solvent reinkers, so I appreciate you do something similar. Good luck today with the sorting. Happy WOYWW from # 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Bob has got over his first day nerves now Kelly. Love all your organisation on the side shelf. The filming area is looking great too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter how old we get, the first day in a new environment is always a bit nerve wracking. Enjoy being back in the swing of things at your desk. Happy WOYWW helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crafting and filming room is fabulous. Hope Bob got over his first day nerves. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh great idea with the ink colour sorting, and also to be in the habit of re inking all together, saves so much faff and frustration (ask me how I know!!) I love the filming area, it looks really good, bet it’s really easy to use. But of course mostly I live the letter box with your most loved stamps in it. Swoon! Hope Bob is ok and settling, it’s disconcerting at our age to find ourselves a bit jittery, and worse when you’re st home doing the worrying a bit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly, I could do with you over at mine you are so good at organising stuff. My hubby has been doing his tour of England as we like to call it so I have some time to myself for a while. I'm sure Bob will be fine but I understand how he might feel. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Kelly, love your new filming area, it looks very professional! It made me laugh about your craft bag versus mugs problem, hope you decided soon! I’m away from home on vacation so can’t check that ATC for you and can’t remember whose it was, sorry. Maybe Julia has the same? Hope Bob will be ok on the new routes he’ll be fine I’m sure.
    Hugs LLJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes a great photo table, love the wood backing. I have sorted my distress pads in colours/shades, works for me too. hugs BJ#6

    ReplyDelete