Monday, April 26, 2010

Creative Energies flow

WOW!

With the assistance of my wonderfully supportive hubby, I spent most of three days down in my studio creating. It was so great to get to sit and play again. And I accomplished so much.

To start things off, I had an idea for a shelf I wanted on top of my SU cabinet. Hubby took the idea and added to it. I know have 2 shelves that almost form a pyramid. I did some rearranging than set to work. Unfortunately I might not be able to upload pics until he gets off the boat in three weeks (he left this morning). But trust me... it was an AWESOME three days.

My initial intention was to participate in Virtual Scrapbook Night and Virtual Stamping Night over at Splitcoaststampers. Over the course of an evening (or 3 in the case of VSBN), challenges are posted at specific times and you have a certain length of time to complete them. I thought what a great way to get some things done. I did the first VSN challenge which sparked creative ideas. From there I moved on to other challenges I was backlogged on and an ATC swap needing to be mailed this week.

Over the course of the three days hit and miss, I learned how to make a Joy pop up card.
See tutorial here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/joy_fold_card/

From that one, I modified the design to create a second one to use as a graduation card for my niece who's graduating from nursing school. I made a pocket on the inside to hold an AppleBee's GC.

I made a set of 12 ATC's with a Hello Spring theme for a swap in my Missouri stamp group. I used my favorite spring set from SU... Hello Spring (retired), a couple of smaller stamps from Studio G and chalks. They were bright and spring. I'll hope to post pics soon.

I even found some time to finally unpack the Cricut Create hubby bought me back in January. I had fun playing with it but will get much more use out of it once I can start scrapbooking.

I won't be doing much stamping over the next three weeks. But my granddaughter and I will spend lots of quality time outside marking out creative ideas to incorporate into the yard...

if it would only stop raining!

Creative Blessings!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment