Monday, September 5, 2011

Magazine Monday Returns!

Yep, although it is late afternoon I do have a card for this week. As I told you a few weeks back, I'd selected several 'inspiration' items from the 2005 Take Ten by Stampington. This week I combined MM with my SCS August Challenge envelope from Shell.

Shell's items for us to play with were some stamped images from Clear Dollar Stamps, a couple of mats of DCWV Blossoms and Butterflies paper and embellishments. I decided to get ahead of the game and get my daughter's birthday card done ahead of time. Sometimes I manage this better than others.

My inspiration card is by Jenn Mason. Her concept was Gifting in Ten Minutes... cards that include either a handmade postcard or a gift card. I'll be including a Starbucks GC in my daughter's. Although she isn't a big fan of pink, the color lent itself to the paper I had to work with. She'll live through one year. With a new baby girl due in just 4 weeks, it's not the only pink she's seeing these days.

You'll find a link to Jenn's website HERE and a link to her BLOG For Birthday Kitty, she used a beautiful image of a cat with a birthday hat from Lost Coast Designs stamped to the far right of a tri-fold card. She also used ribbon/ bow to attach the mat on the front of the card bearing the sentiment. I went girly and simplistic with mine. With my daughter, the less froo froo the better.


Because I know this is not a 'keeper' card, I used ValuCS in Baby pink to go with the DCWV DP.
I cut the 2 scoops of ice cream apart and popped the caramel scoop with 1 pop dot and the cherry with 2 pop dots. I also added red stickles to the cherry.

The grandtoddler is here this week so I don't see a lot of stamping going on. Well - except for her. She picked out 3 of her own stamps at Michaels yesterday and was stamping with Grandpa before bedtime... and again right after breakfast this morning.

Creative Blessings

8 comments:

  1. Love what you did with this challenge Kelly! For Sue, pink is in for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come from the Paper bloggers unite. Nice to meet you.

    Nice card. I wish I have someone near me who likes to stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments, ladies. Yep.. Sue will deal with pink for now but the more I look at it, the more I think it's a Kassie card. So I'm ahead for December LOL

    Glad to have you in our loop, Lee. I'll get everyone's links added to my blog asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and sounds perfect for the challenge! Oh so sweet that you have a stamping pal this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out too cute! LOVE it...TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so fun and clever! I love it! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete