Monday, October 10, 2011

Magazine Monday

This week’s card covers Magazine Monday and the September challenge from the Paper Bloggers Unite! Thread at SU.

I chose Elizabeth Allen’s card from Crafts n Things Oct. 2009. You can see another of her cards at Penny Black. I also hope you’ll take time to check out their website and browse their catalog. I liked Elizabeth’s LO, though I did eliminate 1 layer from hers to create mine. Where I have black stickles, she used black brads.


I used SU Very Vanilla and Old Olive and ValuCS Orange. The SU Seasons of Thanks images were stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa. Back to watercoloring with Derwent watercolor pencils and Crayola colored pencils. I used a rich chocolate velvet ribbon for some texture.

I'm still waiting on the call from my daughter. So as of now, we'll cross fingers I get to make the Teapot Tuesday post tomorrow. :-)

Creative Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. Love how you used fall colors with a stamp that could be any season (but dismal winter of course LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Kelly. Fall is starting to creep into life. Your colors are so soft. I forget sometimes how pretty pencils can make an image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the bright orange card! Very claasic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like lots of coloring went into this. Great job. I shy away from images that are so intricate. You did great.

    ReplyDelete