Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Teapot Tuesday!


Yep... I'm on the ball today.

This week's card destination is to a lady in Painsville OH (so appropriate at the moment) who has several foot surgeries and is unable to travel to Arizona to see her granddaughters. It sounds as if it is something she was doing on a regular basis until this whole foot thing started.

Sharon loves Purple and Hydrengias. I had plenty of purple on hand but the prettiest flower (other than my favorite Stipple Rose) I had to work with was this Iris I got from a recent image swap.

My inspiration came from artist AJ Otto's card in the Fall 2011 issue of Paper Creations Magazine (pg 55). AJ did a Halloween themed card but I really liked the layout. Where I've used the strip of DP, AJ had used some black scroll work tucked under the top left corner of her image mat. She also did not mat her sentiment and I added the pearls.

I used Lavender Lace as a base and matted the flower and sentiment with ValuCS deep purple. The sentiment is stamped in Lovely Lilac. Derwent Water color pencils were used to color the image and a white ribbon, pleated, softens the look.

I'm about done crafting for the next couple weeks. I have cards done up so that wherever I am, I hope to be able to upload and keep on track.

Creative Blessings
Kelly

7 comments:

  1. great card Kelly- thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. What a lucky lady to receive that from you. You know my favorite color is purple also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute! Very nice work Kelly & TFS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Nice coloring : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this when i saw it! I know Sharon will too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and my fav colors. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete