Monday, February 17, 2014

GET ORGANIZED - Week 4 - Photos!


This is half of the empty photo boxes I have to sort pictures into. I got them for $1 each last fall at Michaels knowing I needed to get a handle on my photos. I'm thinking I might color code at least 4 of the boxes with papers to match the girls - 2 for Adrian and 2 for Abby. Because here is the 3-drawer sterilite unit currently holding their photos:


Pay no attention to the stamp rack (air vent) sitting on top or the empty sterilite box (product of emptying a container) This is on my 'holding' table in the sewing room. 

Aside from the hard copy photos, I also have all of them filed digitally on the computer:

Each subject has it's own folder with sub folders by year or event. I always transfer the pictures from my camera memory card over to a computer file (which are on Flash Drives - not on the hard drive). The pics stay on my memory card until I've uploaded them to a Walgreens Album AND ordered prints. I just don't trust digital completely. I want a hard copy in my hands before I delete the picture from the camera.

I didn't get any sorting done last week as I spent the last three days of the week getting back into full-work mode now that Bob has gone out on the boat.

One of the projects has been to finish putting together the purge box for the Kindness Club group in MN. I first learned about this teacher last April (2013) and have known ever since I wanted to donate my purge to her great cause. You can read about Barb and her extraordinary endeavor to teach her children through practice HERE These first grade students are going to have so many new things to play with. Aside from the massive amount of ValuCS, I know they do not have a die cutting system of any kind so I've put together a few embellishments for them to add to their cards:

Two boxes of the ValuCS needing a home. I cut down all the full pieces into A6 card size. All they will have to do is fold them and add their embellishments.

Flowers of all kinds. The round centers on the flowers were stamped using 'For You' from the A Round Array stamp set and the mini scalloped circle punch.

I also stamped 'For You' from the matching rectangular set and tons of the mini butterrlies. The Daisy flowers were put together with 2 large daisies in monochromatic colors with a small daisy center and a brad.
I broke my MS lace punch as I was punching several strips in red (Wilton is replacing!) and lots of white strips in the scallop lace edge punch. Yes, there are a few layered pennants, too.  The little punches in the upper left are going in the box to add to their minimal tool supply.

If you would like to gift the Kindness Club with your purge, please email me KellyH (at) artlover (dot) com and I'll share her mailing address.

Creative Blessings!
Kelly

6 comments:

  1. you shoulda had someone run to michaels for you either today or yesterday. i got 12 of those same boxes for 16.00 and change, you can get 6 for $10 for the rest of the week. sunday& monday got an additional25% off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice thought Brandy but I don't have anyone in Springfield that would do that for me. I have plenty of photo boxes for now so think I'm okay.

      Delete
  2. I like seeing all your organizational photos Kelly! Gives me hope that my new home will stay organized & ideas on what I can put in the kiddos rooms to help them out!

    ReplyDelete