Monday, November 26, 2018

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Nano Postcards

Good morning, everyone!

I have to say I'm having a blast playing again. Especially in things that get messy, like today's mixed media project. - Postcards

I participate in National Novel Writing Month every November. The goal is to write 50,000 words in 30 days.... the length of the book, Moby Dick. This is to be a first draft, dump the story from your brain and get it down on paper. Perfection and editing are for another time.

Like most places on the internet, Nano has a massive amount of forums/ threads to connect with other like-minded people. One group I found this year was a Post Card swap. we are assigned 5 people to swap with. We send them a postcard with words of encouragement for the Nano battle. The postcards may be purchased or handmade. Well... we know which one I'm going to do! LOL

This was the front of my postcard. This swap gave me the opportunity to play with stamps I've not touched in ages!


I started with one of my favorite techniques - shaving cream marbling:


I swirled then pressed 12 postcard bases which I'd made by gluing 2 pieces of cardstock together using Modge Podge. They needed to be sturdy. One card was destined for Spain.

Lined up on waxtex on the ironing board to dry:


I sponged ink on the back side to tone down the white.

Finished and ready for addresses:


You'll notice the one in the foreground is different. That's because I messed up and put the images on the wrong side. LOL The rest are done the way I'd intended. 

As I said, I'm getting play time in again. Probably not a good plan since I'm supposed to be writing Book 2 but it's so hard to concentrate when Bob is home :-)
Tomorrow will be our monthly Card Chicks cards. I made three from Suzy's kit. Can't wait to share!

Creative Blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment