Monday, October 4, 2021

More World Cardmaking Day!

 Good morning, everyone!

I'm going to show you what I worked with first:


I took one sheet (I thought) of each of the patterns in Nature's Harvest DSP and cut them into 6x6. Then I used 1 of each of the 6x6 and made two cards from each.

When I pulled a set out to photograph for this blog post I realized I'd missed a couple of sheets:


I cut each piece into a 4" x 5-1/4" mat. That gave me 1 mat, 1 strip and then a narrower strip to use on the inside.  This gave me two cards from each 6x6.

Before I show you today's, here is the alternate card to the one I showed you yesterday:



Here's the first two showing how I used the pieces.


This one used the 4 x 5-1/4: mat


This one used the 2" x 5-1/4" strip but I trimmed it down to fit the black mat.

Here's a couple more:


I used the Stitched So Sweetly dies and a stamped/ die cut image from the Nature's Harvest Bundle.


I didn't care for the recommended Cajun Craze, choosing to use Calypso Coral. I really liked using the black matting. I've learned how well that contrast works from Kristi Marcotte.

Final two:



I will have a quick shot of my desk tomorrow after I've finished plowing through projects that need done before I leave on Thursday.

As I'm writing this on Sunday night, I'm not sure what I'll get done for the time I'm gone. Bob is keeping the house safe while I'm gone for 7-10 days. 










No comments:

Post a Comment