Monday, March 4, 2024

MAKE IT - MAIL IT MONDAY! - Catching Up On Cards

 Good morning, creative friends!

NOTE: I had this drafted to post February 26th but it never posted so I'm ahead of the game this week! LOL

I finally feel as if I'm back on track. You know, because we're almost through the first two months of the year!

My first goal was to get caught up on swap cards for the Missouri Stamp Group I belong to. I'm determined to stay on track this year. I was behind on December, January then this month so I have three cards to show you today.

All of the cards used the same technique: stenciling with my new 5x7 Geli plate. I don't remember who's video I first saw the idea but she was using her geli plate to HOLD her papers in place while she worked with them, NOT as a base for applying ink or paint. When I saw the video I immediately went in and ordered the 5x7 from Spectrum Art Creations. Keep in mind, I have a large one that hardly ever sees the light of day... twice, maybe, since I bought it almost 12 years ago. 


Click HERE to purchase

All three stencils were purchased from Spectrum Art Creations. If they are still available, I will link them beneath the photo.

All the sentiments were from Tim Holtz - Noteworthy

You will find the video where I showed how I applied the backgrounds to all three cards HERE.
I started with the December card:


I started with a Real Red card base and mat for the sentiment. I used Real Red ink and a stencil from Ciao Bella.  I thought the image resembled a poinsettia.

For the January card, I went with a winter theme.


This was also a Ciao Bella stencil called Fluid Art. I used Uncharted Mariner ink, Seas Side Spray cardstock (SU retired) and a dual punch from SU (also retired)

Now that I'm caught up, here is the February Card of the Month (COTM):


I used a Powder Pink card base (retired Stampin' Up!), Picked Strawberry Distress Ink and a floral stencil from Spectrum Art Creations (Their own design). The heart is from the dual heart punch set from Stampin' Up!

I have all of my posts and videos for the rest of this month and into March as I get back on a posting track. The second and fourth Tuesday of each month I'll be taking part in #tryittuesday. I have the video uploading now to show you a tag book I created for the Spectrum Art Creations and Friends FB group - winter themed challenge. I'll drop the video link in here tomorrow morning.

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly







No comments:

Post a Comment