Tuesday, March 5, 2024

#TryItTuesday - Twist on a Gatefold Card

 Good morning, crafty friends!

Last week, I jumped into the hashtag, #TryItTuesday. Madi started doing it and I thought this what a great way to tag team... then she didn't do one last week! There are several creators using the hashtag, though, so do a search on social media to see what everyone is up to.

I needed a card for Madi's Spring challenge and one for my SMMR COTM group. 

I started with THIS <--- click  - video from Junebug Creations on YouTube. She need a simplified version of a gate-fold card. These go together really quick. You could use up patterned paper quickly doing Mass Makes - then just add the sentiment as needed.

First, the stamp set I used:

I've had this set about 10 years or more. If you recognize the company, please let me know. 

Then I chose this 6x6 paper pad a friend gifted me last fall:


Apologies for the glare. Overcast here yesterday morning meant I had to use all the lights. There isn't a company name on the pad and the papers are one-sided.

This is the card I made:


One of the things the gal from Junebug did was when she cut her DSP, there was a strip left, just enough to decorate the envelope. (since there technically isn't an 'inside' to this card.

Using the same concept, I made this card for the Spring Challenge in the Spectrum Art Creations & Friends Facebook Group:


I used paper and journaling card from Graphic 45 Fairy Wings, blue braid trim, butterfly from trim and Sunburst stickles. For each challenge item we must use at least 3 items from our SpectrumArtCreations purchases. 

If you want to see how this came together, along with another card I made and the measurements, check out the video below.


Creative Blessings!
~Kelly





No comments:

Post a Comment