Tuesday, April 2, 2013

TEAPOT TUESDAY - MMTPT244

Yeah!
I finally was able to get to my work desk and join in the Tea Party this week. I am so excited.

For those of you who do not know what a Tea Party is, each Tuesday over at Splitcoast Stampers a group of us gather to make a card based on that week's theme. The theme (and a short story) are built around someone who could use some Happy Mail. We may choose to send the card to that person, or not. There is no obligation. Just another way to get the creative juices flowing. HERE is a link to a full explanation. We're always looking for new guests at our tea parties! :-)

You can read about Donnie's story HERE

We were instructed to think gardens and bring vegetables. Well, I didn't bring vegies. Okay, I had carrots on the first card but as I was looking for a stamp to use on next week's card I found my favorite stamp to work with when the 'garden' theme is  called up and had to make a totally different card.


I bought this stamp several years ago at an LSS going out of business. Though you can't see them very well in the picture, there are multiple layers, making it appear as if Donnie could step right out through the garden shed door. 

I stamped the image with Staz-On Brown 3 times... once on the mat, then 2 times on separate pieces of GP White CS. I colored in the main mat image. Then I colored the door, the potato fork, pots and watering can separately. I cut them out in individual pieces:
Door frame
Door panel
watering can, pots, potato fork.

First I layered the door frame on with strips of pop dot mats (you know, what's left after you remove the dots) Those long strips give a more solid base for the larger areas.
Then I attached a brass brad where the doorknob image was and hung the door in place with pop dot strips on top of the frame. The watering can, pots and fork are all put in place with pop dots.

I colored the image with Marvy Markers (the woods) and Derwent Watercolor pencils.

I layered everything on SU Bashbul Blue because blue is Donnie's favorite color.

Tomorrow is WOYWW and I FINALLY have a project on my desk! Whoo Hooo!
I hope you'll come back tomorrow to see how the book box is progressing and a hint at next week's Teapot card!
Creative Blessings
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. This is really impressive Kelly! I'm in awe of your ability to make that scene look so real...it does look like you can just step right out into a beautiful garden! Awesome work girl & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete