Monday, October 6, 2014

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Shopping Mini Album


Because I knew I was going shopping over the weekend I wanted to make sure I got my shopping mini notebook put together.  I was inspired by pinkaboo6691 video which I have on THIS blog post. 

This is what the (5.5" x 7.5") notebook looked like before:


I dismantled the notebook and cut pieces of SU Marina Mist cardstock to be 1/8" smaller on 3 sides than the cover. I punched tabs using the SU Scalloped Frame punch and run them through the 1" Xyron. Rather than fold the label in half I chose to stick 2 together, giving me the decorative edge on the tabs.


The OCD in me wanted to have the same amount of pages behind each tab. Except for the Washi Tape category.. well ya' know LOL So here are the eight stacks ready for assemblage. 


I used papers from the ROSEWOOD slab by ColorBok. I LOVE that slab. If I seem to be running low, a replacement goes on my WalMart shopping list. Thanks to my novella book cover, I'm in this Marina Mist color mode. Plus when I'm carrying my red purse, this book will be easy to find amongst the other red items inside the bag. 

My categories are:
CRICUT
DIES
EB FOLDERS
PAINTS
PROJECT LIFE 
PUNCHES
SLABS
WASHI

And I have one left for whatever comes along.
I used the one of the sheets of paper as a template for the holes and the crop a dile to punch the covers. I used a standard office hole punch for the page dividers.

I KNEW I wanted some Thickers or similar for the cover. But when I got to Michaels yesterday I could NOT remember what I wanted Thickers for so had no clue what to look for. I have them written down for next week. :-)

I'm also not sure I'll add trims to the spine. While they look fun and artsy, I think I'll spend more time untangling them from other things in my purse. The only thing I might have done different would have been to cover the tabs in clear contact paper for durability. I still can... just would have been easier prior to putting them in place.  


8 comments:

  1. This turned out great Kelly! I agree....everything will get tangled if you add the trim. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if I can just remember to buy the cover embellishments this week LOL

      Delete
  2. Love your book! And I love the tip of putting the two tabs together rather than folding in half. Great job! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. adds a bit of texture by not folding to a smooth edge. I'm all about texture and details.

      Delete
  3. Your book is fabulous! Kelly, you are the most organized person I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great notebook. Such a great idea to separate the book and insert your own dividers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe pinkaboo made her own with her cinch or bind it all. You do have to be very careful when taking apart and reassembling.

      Delete