Thursday, March 31, 2016


Before we go further, if you missed my first post about the En Masse Journal project, you can see that HERE

This is the massive amount of tags I punched for the En Masse Journal. There are 60 white ones and one of each color. They did not take long to punch... only about 15 min. I also scored them so they will fold.

I took the white ones from my white CS scraps:

Since it's a scrap journal, I couldn't see punching them from good white CS. These were a blend of shades. 

The journal itself, came together nicely. 

In this picture you can see the 4 black dots which were my stitch holes. I used waxed, non-flavored dental floss to stitch. Looking from Left to Right, I came up hole #1, down hole #2, up hole #3, down hole #4.. then reversed the process working my way back to #1. I did this with each of the 4 signatures:

Since I could not get that AWESOME travel journal cover Shannon Green was lucky enough to acquire, I painted mine a Chestnut brown, then covered it in brown packing tissue paper I had scrunched up into a ball then flattened out. After gluing the 3 pieces in place (one on the front and one on the back plus one over the spine area to seam the whole thing together) I then ran TH Walnut Stain Distress Ink pad over the cover, letting the raised areas pick up the ink. I heat -set that with my heat gun. I finished off the edges with masking tape.

I'm really happy with how the journal came out. This is my first stitched journal. I haven't decided if I'm putting any kind of a focal on the cover or if I just want to use twine and a conch shell as a belly band. We shall see as I begin putting things together.

Come back May 5th for the next installment. I'll have all of my tabs in place and can share my Journaling Prompt List with you. 

Creative Blessings!


  1. It's looking fabulous, can't wait to see what you create next. Cara x

  2. Just thrilled to be in my studio. My tools were left to collect dust way too long! LOL