Friday, April 22, 2016

FRIDAY FREEBIE- Journaling By 5s- Step 3

This week was a learning curve for me. I have discovered my Folk Art paints are my favorite medium for stenciling. The sprays I had were too thin. I will admit to spending more than the 15 min. But when I realized some mediums were not working, I stopped the timer and went in search of new. I probably have 20 minutes total. 

I used a variety of stencils and stamps for this. All the stamped images were done in Memento Tuxedo Black. For stencils, I used some negatives I had of punched images as well as Tim Holtz and Martha Stewart in the mix. 

Here's a reminder of how this started.


I'm really excited about Step # 3 this week. We were to spend 15 minutes adding PATTERN to our pages with Stamps and Stencils.

This challenge gave me the opportunity to ink up some of my art stamps for the first time as well as play with my watered-down acrylics and my Distress Spray Stains. I also found out I have a larger collection of stencils than I thought I had. 



I hope you are enjoying the process as much as I am. Are you playing along? If so, link up in your comment so the rest of us can come have a peek and leave some love.

Creative Blessings!
Kelly 

2 comments:

  1. Looking good there, I'm loving seeing how things are developing. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's starting to take shape Kelly. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete