Monday, January 16, 2017

COLOR CHALLENGE #1

Now that the studio is mostly organized and I can create, I want to spiff up the blog a bit.

I have been Pinning color combinations on Pinterest for a couple of years. So I'm going to begin sharing those.

Beginning this week, I will post a Color Challenge the 3rd Monday of every month. By February I hope to have a linky system set up that we can link you up directly. In the mean time, I invite you to play along and post a link in the comments section.

Keyword: KellysColorChallenge1

Please share the blog post link on your blog. (I hope to also have a blog button in place by February) so others can play.

RULES:
There aren't any rules. You may use any company product you like. My only request is if you use a stamp or something special, link to the company so we may add to our stash, too :-D

Here's our first Color Challenge of 2017!!



Courtesy of design seeds

I chose this sketch from my PP- Sketch It! Pinterest Board. The link to PaperSecrets no longer works:

Paper Secrets: September 7th Card Sketch - due 9/14:

And here's my card:


The closest I could come to the colors:
Wisteria Wonder
Elegant Eggplant  (ink)
Night of Navy
Perfect Plum. 
I had planned to us Blushing Bride but the color tones just fell in to place as they were.

I used DCWV One Upon A Time DSP, the sentiment is from BYOP (SU) and the moth is from 7-Gypsies.



2 comments:

  1. How fun! The color's from your pin are gorgeous. Great take on the sketch and cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nancy! I hope you'll play along! You're welcome to do a scrapbook page. Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete