Monday, September 25, 2017

COLOR CHALLENGE #6 - Updated!

I know today is Mixed Media Monday but since this card had issues last week, I wanted to get it up today. I have my Mixed Media project in progress and ready to photograph so will have that up for you next week. 


Okay... the die cutting machine is working again and I'm able to play with my toys. That is a really good feeling. While I was able to fill the time last week with other projects, I hated that the blogs were on delay - yet again.

I got the idea for Bob's birthday card from THIS video by Barb Stamps. The inspiration card comes at about the 7:42 mark. You'll see I did mine a bit different.


I put the sentiment on the cup on the outside then left the inside mostly blank. I'll be adding a Bass Pro gift card with removable glue dots to the inside. 

The sentiment on the cup as well as the small heart on the lid are stamped in Dapper Denim.
Inside, I stamped the sentiment in Tangerine Tango on Very Vanilla then die-cut with the heart from Sealed With Love. This was NOT a perfect match, but worked in a pinch. I raised the heart up on a mini-pop dot.

DIRECTIONS:
Stamps - Merry Cafe (SU Holiday Catalog)/ Coffee Cafe (SU Annual Catalog)/ Sealed With Love 
Cardstock - Dapper Denim/ Early Espresso/ Very Vanilla
Paper - Painted Autumn (SU Holiday catalog)
Ink - Dapper Denim/ Tangerine Tango

From the Dapper Denim, cut a base 4-1/4 x 11 inches.
Turn the base horizontal long-ways and score at the 2" and 7-1/2" mark
Fold these up to meet one another and crease.

Top outside panel - cut 1-3/4" x 4"
Bottom outside panel - 3-1/4" x 4"

Cup panels -
Dapper Denim - 3-1/2" x 2-1/2"
Early Espresso - 2-1/4" x 3"

Knowing what I wanted to do, this card came together in just a few minutes this  morning. I already have October's picked out. Now to get the card made before the Vagabond decides it needs another vacation. ;-)
Creative Blessings!



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love your choice of patterned papers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cara. Had the dickens of a time trying to keep this masculine and less Autumn but I really wanted to use one of the new DSPs we have. He loves my cards regardless. hehe

    ReplyDelete