Wednesday, September 27, 2017

WOYWW #434

Wow!  I haven't been here in ages!  But I have good reason. We had our grandgirls (5 & 9) for four months. Keeping the blogs up was not a priority. We were too busy baking, cooking, creating stuff, playing in water and going on adventures. They are back home and in their regular routine and I'm finally finding mine.

So.. the desk:


My new planner is front and center. This is from The Paper Studio line - Petals & Blooms. I like the feel of it and the magnetic closure. I'll have a full review on Friday and how I put it together. This is going to be my 'work' planner for my job as Marketing Director for Oghma Creative Media publishing company.  

Let's see... there are post its and magnetic bookmarks for the planner. On the left you can just make out a ruler that I'm using to tear pages for a new journal. To the back.. the base of that pile is all binder of past Fair ribbons. I brought them up to show the girls. Now not sure what to do with them until I get them put into a quilt. I also want to photograph the ribbons and do a Memory album of some type with photos of the ribbon and the item that won. Ya.. another project. LOL

to the right of that stack are the 10 pages I need to tear today. I'm tearing the edges of 10 pages per day until I have about 350 pages. I am tearing 3 sides (top/ bottom/ right edge) so the journal will have a vintage book appearance. To the right of that is a paint can for a project I have in progress that I hope to finish this week and show you next as well as a jar of gesso for an art journal I've returned to working in and showing on the 4th Monday of each month. In front of that there's a partial bag of cracker jacks I snacked on on the way home from shopping yesterday. 

The stuff in the background isn't part of my desk - just the current disaster that I'm tearing through this weekend. 

That's it for my desk this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  That's my desk? What's on yours? When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground where Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 



7 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly. How do you do it? You have so many projects on the go - yet your desk is so neat!! Hope you have had a really great summer with the grandchildren. Enjoy all your art work.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you're certainly making up for the time spent away from the desk with the grandchildren. How do you keep your desk so tidy? Happy WOYWW Sarah #31

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that's some sleepover they had! sounds like you had a busy time.. good to see you again. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely clean organised desk... you are so busy.. Sounds a great time with the Grandchildren... Have a happy creative week... May #19

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tidy desk at the moment but sounds like you plan to be busy soon. Have a great woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder you've been busy the last few months, what wonderful, if exhausting times. Looking forward to seeing how all the projects turn out x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly, Thanks for visit... yep they are my shelves in my crafty space... glad you popped over to the lovely Jenny's blog and had a look at her stitchery beauties that she has for free... enjoy... May #19

    ReplyDelete