Wednesday, November 15, 2017

WOYWW #441 & Something's Coming

This is my desk for the week. I left on Friday for the film premier in Poteau OK and just got home last night. I was only in Poteau Friday night - Saturday afternoon then drove to Eureka Springs AR where I spent a couple of days just enjoying the rejuvenation I always find just breathing the air in that little community. I followed that up with a night at my sister's before heading home yesterday.

So, my desk. Not a lot of creativity. the bag holds the grandgirls' Christmas gifts and part of their stocking stuffers. The Tim Holtz stuff is still there since I can't get to that tub to put them away. My initial plan was for Bob and I to create my Mixed Media/ Tim Holtz storage unit last Friday but then I found out last minute I was heading to OK to the premiere and birthday celebration for author Dusty Richards. This was a chance for me to meet the co-writers/ co-producers of the film... an opportunity I couldn't pass up. 


Something's Coming!
I'm putting this here because I know I have some planner folks on WOYWW and I'm hoping you'll join us in 2018.

I love planners. I can remember being a planner person as young as the age of 10. I guess with my life in such disarray, planning 'my stuff' was my way of finding some semblance of order.

Over the past two or three years, I've found a whole new side to planning through people I've met in the planning community on YouTube. I've also learned there are a wide variety of ways to plan.

First there are the 'pretty' vs 'functional' planners. Some are a combination of both. 
There are also various styles of planning such as detailed planning, to-do list or bullet journaling.

I am a functional planner but I do like to make them pretty. My life revolves around color so any time I can add pops of color to a plain page, makes me smile.

One of my favorite people in the planning community is Alexis aka Miss Trenchcoat.

Alexis is a productivity guru, entrepreneur and side hustle mentor. I love her thought process. One of the things I've learned is while it's nice to have pretty and to have a To-Do list (she is big on finding your Top 3), the idea of Planning brings to mind (at least for me) setting GOALS then PLANNING how to accomplish them.  If I didn't plan my projects, I'd never accomplish as much as I do.

My stumbling block is that I don't sit down and 'plan' every week. There are days I know what I want/ need to do but they don't always become hard in my planner pages. So one of my goals for  2018 is to make sure I UTILIZE my planner(s) to the best of my ability.   

Functional planning lets me do both. Here's a video from Alexis with her explanation of Functional Planning:



I thought since WOYWW is such fun, brings a lot of like-minded folks together, that doing a Planner Hop would help draw traffic, give us another venue to showcase what we do and products as well as get to form stronger relationships within the Planner Community.

So beginning in January I'm launching POW - Planning Our Weeks. I'm still formulating a 'plan' but my thought is that we will post the last Sunday of each month as to what are planners are looking like for the coming month. You will also be able to INCLUDE in your blog post any new products you're releasing. The GOAL is to actually use our planners for their intended purpose... TO PLAN! LOL
We'll also have the opportunity to see how others use their planners, share/ pick up tips, etc. 

By mid-December I should have a POW button you can put on your blog/ website. 
You do NOT have to have either of those to participate. You may link to your YouTube channel video (the actual planning video - not your channel in general) 
If you are interested in being contacted when more details come out, please let me know via the contact form and I'll keep you updated.


That's it for my desk this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     



9 comments:

  1. Your desk looks nice and ready for your next project. I love your idea with the planners. I'll look forward to upcoming posts regarding it. Dorlene #32

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey enjoyed reading your post. I plan too! I loves my filofax hehe
    Ellie #19

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with your planner group. it's not for me, but I hope it goes well. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a retiree there is NO way I am doing a planner. When the group the Documented Life formed they had a year of art journaling in a planner style that was fun. After looking into planners and bullet journal etc I know it is NOT for me. Retired living is too too relaxing and all activities enjoyable so no minute by minute planning. You may want to check out a group on Facebook called Fauxbonichi Journalers run by Felicity Smith. That might be what you envision for a planner. The term Fauxbonichi is made up from the word Faux (false) and Bonichi a style of Japanese journal.
    happy journaling
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kelly, am super impressed at your mileage this past week! I wouldn't have missed the chance for the premier either, I bet it was a great experience. I'm going to google Eureka Springs in a minute, see if I can tell what it is about the place for you! Good luck with the POW, I think it's a grand idea to corral and inspire each other. I dont do it myself, am really attracted to the idea but cannot maintain momentum, I've tried several times...I'm definitely a one shot gratification gal! It will probably be a slow burn in terms of attracting people, so keep on with the plan(ner)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've had another hectic week. Interested to hear about your planner project. I love the idea, but never know how I'd want to use one x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly, glad you made it to the film premiere and that it went well. Your planning idea is an interesting one and I look forward to seeing how it develops, but I don't keep one myself as I end up getting behind and then it becomes a chore rather than a pleasure. Good luck with your POW project. Sarah #10

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly. You've had quite a week! Great to go so far and meet up with so many. Fantastic fun.
    A planner? I simply write on a piece of paper - and cross off when something is done - plus keep a diary of big events... don't think I could do much more - wouldn't know where to start.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a mighty fun trip you had. Glad you had time to relax. Can't wait to see what's coming up.

    ReplyDelete