Wednesday, November 22, 2017

WOYWW #442 - Final Desk of 2017


Good  morning, Deskers!
This is the final shot of my desk for 2017. I take all of December off from blogging to enjoy the holidays and prep for 2018. Fitting that you should see my desk at one of its messiest

From the foreground you can just make out my lazy susan  with my implements of creation and a notebook. From there a SPAM can with my journal markers, to the left of that are 2 spools of lace ribbon I picked up at $Tree last night. They are in with the Christmas stuff. The November Paper Pumpkin box from Stampin' Up! waiting to be opened. Just to the right of that you'll see pieces of burlap ribbon. They are part of the Christmas $Tree video I need to film today. That plastic bag are the remnant pieces I need for the process part of that video. My SU collapsible litter bin and a coffee container that held quarters I turned into the counting machine yesterday.

I'm all about YouTube filming today. Tomorrow, Bob and I will enjoy a quiet day of Thanksgiving. I'll start with the Macy's parade. A tradition for as long as I can remember, then on either side of dinner we'll play card/ board games and be very Thankful for our time together.

We found out yesterday that Bob is off work probably until sometime in January or February. For the first time in 33 years he will be home for all of the holidays from Thanksgiving through New Years.

Also, last week I quit my 'day job' with the publisher. While I understand a fledgling business being built mostly on apprenticeships, we need an income the publishing job wasn't providing. 2018 is all about building my creative business and getting some consumable books published. Doing what I love and bringing in some cash.

I'll have at least one more creative post in the coming weeks but mostly about wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, Blessed New Year and winding down our eventful year.

That's it for my desk this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly


10 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays and see you in the new year
    Happy WOYWW
    Rose #29

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy thanksgiving, christmas and new year... see you in 2018. sounds like it will be quite a year for you! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, good idea to have a rest from blogging but I think you meam you are getting ready for2018 unless you have some way of going back in time Lol! Have a very happy woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the blogging break. Sending you lots of good thoughts for a profitable and successful future x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly, it sounds as if you'll have a lovely Thanksgiving & Christmas holiday.Sharing quality time together is what it's all about. Have a lovely week, and the rest of the year too, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Have a great thanksgiving and enjoy your holidays together.
    Ellie #13

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Kelly is in the house! Hey there friend, nice to see you! I don’t think your life ever settles down, GF! Happy Thanksgiving! #32

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly, I wish you both nothing but success. A whole season at home together before you take the plunge on your own is probably just what the Dr ordered! Love the 'implements of creation' as a useful phrase, and even more, had to rub my eyes in recognition of the Spam tin, I was looking for some brash new product that has a nickname!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love to see what is on your desk. There is always something creative and interesting. So glad that you have your Bob with you for the holidays even if it means he's not working during this time. Glad to see you also making some changes in your business life. Wishing you much success.

    ReplyDelete