Monday, March 18, 2019

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Spring Stashbuster Junk Journal Challenge


dearjuliejulie on YouTube has started our next junk journal challenge round. This time we're doing a Spring Stash Busting Junk Journal Challenge (#SSJJC) ... aka No BUYING for this one. We are to use what we have in our stash to make one (or more) junk journals.  The No Buying is our only stipulation. I think I speak for a lot of us when I say, I have plenty here to work with.

I just found the papers on Thursday that I want to use for the signatures so I hope to have those put together to show next week. In the mean time, this post is all about our first mini-challenge. We were challenged to make 6 embellishments. Our only parameters were the following:

Each embellishment must include:
     Metal
     Circle
     Lace
     Something from our right.

Well, since my ScrapRack is to my right, I had lots to pick from. My stamps and embossing powders are also to my right. All of the words were from Tim Holtz Seasonal Chat Stickers

Here's a close-up of each tag:


the bunny is stamped in Chocolate Chip then clear embossed

I've had this dress cut out for at least three years. 
The metal pin fastener is in the Stampin' UP! catalog

I cut the circle from an Easter Egg sticker

While the button is a circle, so is the base... with part of it folded in to 
show the book page on the back

This is the second one I used the tulip image on. 
These were in my stash from a swap I did 8 years ago or more.
The image is from a retired Stampin' UP! set

Bob left on Saturday. I've spent the weekend crafting so I can get some posts ready to go. I'll have my granddaughters at the end of the month and we'll be doing stuff. Not a lot of computer time for Grandma that week. ;-)

Tomorrow I'll have a couple of Teapot Tuesday cards to show then Wednesday I should be back on WOYWW. I've missed the past couple of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment