Monday, March 25, 2019

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - #SSJJC

Happy Monday!

First off, I have to say I am sooooo enjoying just playing for the sake of playing and these junk journal challenges really have me digging in and USING my stash!

For Mini-Challenge #2 we were asked to make 6 items for our journal. Each must use the following parameters:

Something OLD
Something NEW
Something FAVORITE
Something BLUE

Well, OLD covers a lot of territory in my stash. NEW was something that was added to our stash PRIOR to March 1 (since this over all is to be a 'no buy' challenge - to use what we have). My FAVORITE was easy. BLUE was a bit trickier. I mean... when you're talking about St. Patrick's Day in a spring journal, where do you put BLUE.. except maybe if you add a rainbow?

So here is my collection:


Since I will have the girls all next week, I was determined I would not be uploading these on Friday when they're due. I'll have all weekend to think about what the last challenge components are then put signatures together next week. My plan is to introduce the girls to 'glue books' then they can work while I'm working.

Okay.. individual tags with a few details:
My FAVORITE- is the fibers on all the cards. NEW  is Stampin' UP! items.. the catalog images and the Gingham Gala dsp.


Transfer bunny. This was done using an image from the Spring Occasions catalog from Stampin' UP! called Fable Friends. I cut the bunny out, colored him with Stampin' Blends then heat set with my heat tool. Finally, used the packing tape transfer technique to add him to the card. Easter Greetings is also from that set. I glued that to a piece of cardstock for stability then covered in Dimensional Glaze and let dry overnight before adding to the base. The circle behind that is a piece of Navy Blue sparkly felt that has been in my stash for YEARS!  


this is the other tape transfer from the Occasions catalog. I used the squirrel and the Happy Spring, using the same process as for the first tag.


While getting the dimensional glaze unclogged I wound up with a puddle on my silicone mat. I used this 'egg' shaped gem to swipe up most of the puddle then adhered to the tag. The words are 'Chat Stickers - Seasonal' from Tim Holtz


Because this is a spring journal (and with a name like Kelly Shawn Fitzgerald) I have to include St. Patrick's Day. This is one of 2 items I created. The 'blue' is blended in that fiber. The tag is part of a package I got eons ago. Can't take credit for making that one ;-)


While we're talking St. Patrick's Day, this one uses paper from DCWV - French Country pad. The gorgeous glittery medallion that was a single sheet from Green Day by Reminisce. I added an acrylic shamrock to the center. That thing is near 1/4" thick! Here's a close up of the medallion:



This last one is an Easter Egg Hunt tag with 2 adorable bunny brads and some blue 'rain drop' rhinestones over a flowery meadow. 

I'm scheduling this a week ahead of time so I can't tell you any more about what our 'current' challenge is. I also may not have a post next Monday as I will have just taken the grandgirls back and may be recuperating ;-)

Creative Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment