Wednesday, April 7, 2021

WOYWW #618 - In Between Projects and Lost Keys!

 Good morning, crafty friends.

I'm going to preface this post by saying I had a fabulous day yesterday. After getting a few blog posts written, I took off for a lovely day of bill paying and shopping. My main goal was a stop at a local quilt store called The Rusty Moon & Quilts. I love his shop - yes you heard me right. The shop is owned by The McKinney family. Kurt is the prominent figure in the store. He can help with everything from helping you select fabric to running the long arm (which is really his primary duty).  

If you need a shopping cart - and I mean, who doesn't when you enter a quilt store?! - this is what you will use:


I new the Rusty Moon carried Tim Holtz fabrics. Tim is revamping everything about his product and is using a different company for the new fabric line being released to stores this month. I still had a few of his original line that I didn't have. Kurt had five of them. I'm still checking other stores to see if I can pick up any more.

On the drive there I heard a radio commercial for a yard sale in the town I was headed to. When the announcer said 'vintage linens' I knew I'd be hunting up that sale! I came home with lots of yummies. Several I'll be using in journals as well as sharing in my Etsy shop in the coming weeks.

Aside from paying a couple of bills, I stopped at ACE hardware to visit with one of the gals I've made friends with there, a bakery to set up an interview with the owner for my current book in progress, a thrift store, the yard sale (which was more of a huge church rummage sale) and had the opportunity to snoop through this for research on another series:


While this isn't an official NASCAR tour bus, the bus is owned by a local hardware store owner. He and his buddies used it for a tailgate party bus at Nascar events. I had the opportunity to go through the bus, take tons of pictures. Mind you, I've been on a lot of tour buses doing interviews in my career as an entertainment writer but this is the first time I've been able to really look in all the nooks and crannies.

I'm thinking somewhere between the church and this sale lot is where I lost the ring of keys that held my house, storage and mail box keys. I didn't realize they were gone until I'd stopped closer to home for supper.  Not a major thing. All the keys are replaceable and relatively inexpensive to do so except for the mailbox key, it's just not knowing where they are LOL.

Oh... and here's what I'm leaving behind as I go on the hunt for those keys:


Remnants of my card for the color challenge yesterday, the quilt that I film on is rolled out of the way as I was doing some last minute gluing. and a general mess of stuff I really need to put away. I'll throw a white sheet over the lot this morning and film the haul video so that can be uploading while I'm out between raindrops looking for those keys.

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings
~ Kelly

 





10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have made some great finds Kelly. Hope the keys will be among them and that they turn up soon. That is an awesome coach! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly. Well, what a day indeed! fabulous fabric opportunities - but then to lose your keys. Hope you find them somewhere en route!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, sounds like that was a great day out and of course you had to come home with lots of goodies. With a bit of luck the keys will just turn up, I hope so anyway. Sending big hugs and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun day out and lots of lovely goodies. I really hope your keys will turn up. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#14)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you find your keys! Sounds like a great day out, apart from that, and of course you had to shop! Have a great week. helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely shopping trip you had. I love shopping and just don't get to do it these days. My last trip (when I had my eyes tested) was horrible, with the town like a ghost town and half the shops closed, and people scuttling around all masked up - enough to put me off shopping for life... I do all my shopping online these days. What I miss is being able to rummage through charity shops.

    You sound remarkably laid back and cheerful about losing your keys. I do hope they turn up. Let us know!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #20

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you enjoyed your shopping trip, except for losing your keys, I hope they have been found by now. Take care Angela #6

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely shopping trip. I hope you find those keys. Losing something like that is like having a loose tooth, isn’t it? Thanks for your note about writing, I’ll look into that. I can return the favour. Search for the HG Wells short story competition. It’s open to all. In the UK, the kindle book of last year’s short list, Vision, is only £2.99. Well worth reading for looking at their standard.
    Take care,
    Lynnecrafts 10

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure if this will post twice now! You've had quite the week really! I thought of you the other day when I realised that Superstore is about the Ozarks! Belated visit but still, stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #9

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you find the keys! Sounds like an exciting shopping trip.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #19

    ReplyDelete