Wednesday, April 14, 2021

WOYWW 619 - Surprise!!!

 Good morning, crafty friends! 

I do have a couple of things to show you today. Let's start with why we are here.


Slightly staged I just pulled things into the center I've been working on and show where I go from here.
Far left is my Happy Planner to Do sticker rolls. For some reason I had not set up my daily pages in my everyday planner for April. I really need a full planner day - maybe Sunday.  Far top is a retired Stampin' Up! catalog. I chose that one for my inspiration catalog this month for casing. Below that from left to right are my Sizzix sticker sheets and the remnants of die cuts on top. You can see the card I made with that HERE. The 2 stacks of Christmas cards and their inside liner sheets waiting to be stamped with the Christmas sentiment before I tuck them in the box until November. You can see that short video close-up HERE.

We have a cold week so I'm working inside during the morning hours then trying to get outside for garden work in the afternoon. At least, with the cooler temps I can work longer. I do not do well in hot weather.

Earlier this week, we had a visitor. I named him Chester. He was just here the one day, inhaled a bowl of food, napped, got loving (such a loveable boy) then headed back off into the timber. I think he may belong to the neighbor.


And finally, the surprise...


After spending Wednesday backtracking to every stop I had made, I came home with an 'oh well', they are are replaceable. Not like anyone could pick them up and know where they went. Wasn't worth stressing over.. was more of a 'where could I have dropped them' than an 'oh now, I have to find them'.
On the way home on Saturday I thought the only place I'd not looked was in my other car. I had leaned in over the driver seat to retrieve my favorite cassette to take in the truck with me. Keep in mind, I'd have sworn I already had the truck warming up when I did this. Apparently not. When I got home, I looked in the window of the Suzuki and there they lay. They'd been here at home the entire time! LOL

Prior to this I had replaced the house key as it's the only one I REALLY need on the ring as well as a different clasp that won't so easily give. 

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings
~ Kelly






11 comments:

  1. Brilliant - and slightly annoying that they were there all the time - that you found your keys. Chester looks very much at home. Happy WOYWW and have a great week Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that the keys turned up Kelly - it must have put your mind at ease at least. Hope you manage to get a day to sort your planner. Cute visitor. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s just Sod’s Law about the keys but I’m glad they turned up ok, what a relief! I think that Chester is a very happy boy indeed, he’s just lapping up the attention there :-D. Hope you have fun sorting out your planner!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How brilliant that your keys have turned up, Kelly! When I first saw that picture I thought it was an enormous spider... After a quick shudder I looked again! Chester looks like a charming visitor. You'd better watch out that he doesn't take up residence! Especially if he already has a home elsewhere. Cats will be very naughty sometimes to get an extra meal a day from a soft-hearted neighbour!

    Thank you for your visit to my last week's blog. I am beginning to think that my operation is never going to happen. There's such a huge backlog now and unless it becomes life-threatening, there's no way they will prioritise me unfortunately, so I've just got to live with the problem and deal with it. It could be worse.

    Happy WOYWW from another crazy cat lady!
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't lost things always in the last place we think to look? Great you found them though. Wonder if Chester will come back - maybe when he's hungry again! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late today as we've been sorting mum's second vaccination and hearing test so at least we've got that done. So pleased you found those keys, I knew you would. My hubby is good at loosing things and has been known to nearly turn the place upside down only to find his keys sat on the window sill. I often imagine the lost object sat there shouting I'm here! I'm here! Have a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your keys have turned up safely. Love the look of all the goodies on your desk this week. I'm intrigued by your planner sticker roll and going to investigate further! Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny how we both mentioned planners this week. I'm definitely having to start using mine again now that things are opening back up. So glad you found your keys! Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it’s really amazing what your mind will tell you about stuff when you’re going over movements etc to try to recall something. Good call on the keys, even if the truck wasn’t ready and warming! A planner day sounds good, bring you up to date and maybe prep a couple more months. ‘Chester’ looks extremely comfortable, I expect his journey to you had been quite intrepid and adventurous! Super impressed that you’re sticking with the Christmas Cards, doing the inserts is a very put-offable job for me. I remember Shaz always used to moan that she’d put them off till December and then it was like making all the cards again, so you’re definitely doing the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on finding the keys!! Amazing that they had been there all the time!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #26

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little Christmas trees. How annoying about the keys. I'm currently looking for my headphones. I'm pretty sure they're here somewhere, if for no other reason when I use them they are in my ears till I get back in the house. What happens then is anyone's guess! Have a good week, stay safe, stay well, love n hugs Cindy #12

    ReplyDelete