Tuesday, April 13, 2021

COLOR CHALLENGE - Granny's Doing A Delightful Mambo By the Bay!

 Good morning, crafty friends!

I do love a colorful challenge. Being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I knew before I even saw the color swatch we'd be working with Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay cardstocks. If we would like to bring Dessert to the challenge, then we need to add a Designer Series / Patterned Paper ingredient.


This color combination provides lots of opportunities for spring cards. So this is what I came up with:


I chose the swallow background designer series paper from Bird Ballad (Stampin' Up!) as my dessert. The thank you is stamped from Heidie Grace on to a Darice Banners die in Bermuda Bay. The flower border is a die from Lawn Fawn. I adhered a strip of the Sizzix Adhesive sheet to the back of each color of the flowers - Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo. 

The border was first cut from Granny Apple Green. Then I cut just the flowers off of their strips and paper pieced them onto the green base. Everything is built onto a Bermuda Bay cardstock base.

I had the opportunity to interview a local bakery/ floral shop owner yesterday. This will make the perfect Thank You card for her. Psst... she's on Facebook at Sugar Lily Bakery & Floral. - Jennifer Connor. 

I'll be back tomorrow for What's On Your Workday Wednesday. Not sure what you'll see. Dealing with a pinched nerve again today so you may just get leftovers LOL

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly




1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly, they are interesting colours and something I would not normally think of using but loving how you've used them. Hope the problem sorts its self. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow and thanks for the lovely comment over at mine. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete