Wednesday, May 8, 2024

WOYWW #779

 Good morning, crafty friends!

Wednesday is making an appearance once again... as are the rain and storms. We're forecast for more this afternoon then I think we get a couple of days break before we're looking at rain every day next week. 

Before I forget, I'd love to ATC swap with you. Please send your email to KellyH (at) artlover (dot) com

Please do NOT use the contact for on the blog. I seldom check that LOL

I have two desks to show this week.

The actual desk:


Not super exciting. Just my art journal on top of my new mixed media mat I picked up at a church rummage sale last week. I've been tearing pages from it to work on various projects in the Art & Junk Journal on-line retreat this week. Today is the last day for the Free Pass but I bought the All Access so I have the All Access Pass Extravaganza yet tomorrow. 

Here's where I've been doing some of the work:


This is the ironing board platform at the end of my work table. I've been doing most of the wet stuff here. The bat at the bottom is actually a silicone baking/ pastry sheet I picked up at Menards (home improvement) for under $4!!!  I have tissue papers pulled to redo the collage class. I'm discovering I am just not a collage person  - at least not in an art journal standpoint but I'm going to give it one more go. 

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly





6 comments:

  1. Ah well, playing and experimenting is fun even if all you learn is 'I'm definitely not doing THAT again!!' Another with the rain and storms - are you near Sylvia or is it all over? (My knowledge of UK geography is abysmal so you have no chance). I love you using the pastry sheet, I do things like that myself. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #11

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mixed media was a great find. I'm assuming the little squares at the end are like a palette but I can't think what the little squares and holes might be! Stay safe out there, Lisa-Jane #10 www.prettymypage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit thought it was a bit silly in the beginning. Going to all the trouble of carefully choosing papers and colours and the gessoing over it all. I tried using papers I didn’t like and that didn’t work at all! I do like all forms of collage from glue books to art pages. I have discovered using the right glue is helpful. Have a great week, happy WOYWW. Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly, I find playing with techniques with no idea of how I will use the finished projects works well for me. I'm sure I will have a spare ATC and will be happy to swap if you like. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are in a few days of nice, warm, sunny weather... long may it stay! Enjoy your challenges. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when I find useful crafty items in a charity shop or jumble sale! Yours was a lucky find! And so was the pastry sheet...
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #4

    ReplyDelete