Monday, March 5, 2012

Magazine Monday

Draggin' in here late with my Monday post. I've had the card done since last week but today has been crazy. When not working in my studio, I'm also a freelance writer and for the next two weeks I'm connecting with Texas musicians. Today, I just got lost in some pretty intense eyes and awesome voice. hehe

Today's card is a take on a card by Carolyn King. I found the card as part of her collection of coffee/tea themed cards in the February 2008 issue of Crafts n Things magazine (pg118-119).

For this card, Carolyn rounded the corners of the base and all the mats except the sentiment mat in the bottom right corner. She used SU cardstocks beginning with a Chocolate Chip base. She then added a layer of Old Olive topped with a layer of Whisper White. From there she divided the card in three horizontal areas. The top 1/4th is a mat of drown designer series paper. The bottom 1/3rd was a striped soft green desig

ner paper. To bring the 2 sections together, she created a band by layering a floral dp on chocolate chip, using it as a wide ribbon. She then centered a Chocolate Chip scalloped circle, matted with Old Olive then a coordinating DP circle. In the center of the circle she matted her stamped image on square mats.

I chose to flip things a bit, using items from the swap kit.


I turned everything vertical and eliminated the multiple layers. Everything except the sentiment (Studio G) came from the kit. The cup is from SU Morning Cup.

I'll try to get my behind out of bed earlier in the morning and have the Teapot Tuesday card posted at the beginning of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card. Love the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking me up. Wow...love what you came up with. Glad something from so far back is still inspiring someone! xo Cammie

    ReplyDelete