Monday, March 26, 2012

Magazine Monday


Things are going to get crazy the next couple of weeks. We're going to Nashville to pick up Adrian on Friday. She'll be here the next 2 Mondays. I'm working hard today to type up the posts so I can still share some pieces with you.

I made good use of the VSN challenges earlier this month. One of the challenges was to create a Sympathy card. We don't like to think of ever having to need them but they are a part of life. I just keep reminding myself this is my way of hopefully giving comfort to someone in great pain.

I chose a design by Keri Lee Sereika in the Oct. 2009 issue of Crafts 'n Things magazine.
She showcased three beautiful cards inspired by supplies she had on hand. That's what I encourage the S2S group on SCS to do all the time. Don't buy more until you've made use of what you have. And if you are going to buy new, will you really use it? Or will it be added to the stash of 'someday' projects?

Keri used a lighthouse stamp from Scene It! Beacon of Hope by Cornish Heritage Farms Her card, entitled Never give up hope used a beautiful lavender-swirl paisley paper and a plum cardstock from Prism Papers.


Following Keri's concept of 'use what you have', I went to my DCWV Old World slab. I chose the blue nautical print and paired it with SU Marina Mist. For my image, I chose the Garden Collage from SU and stamped it in Marina Mist. Two pearls seemed like the perfect accent with this image and sentiment.

This was a simple layout but sometimes, simple is the best and when you need a card last minute, it's nice to know beauty and simplicity can pair nicely to bring comfort to someone else.

I have no clue what was up with my camera that day but regardless of what I did, I couldn't get a decent photo of any card. Some days are like that and we just roll with them :-)

4 comments:

  1. Use that stash! Love the nautical print DP. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use it up, Use it up, Use it up!! OR give it away! LOL :) Thanks for letting me know you linked me up and that I inspired you...it was so sweet of you! Your card is great! I love the paper you chose...so nice~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soft blue colors are very lovely. You're so good about using what you have on hand.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, that stamp looks familiar : )

    the blue shades are very subtle, and soft... the basic design provides many ways to go with this card... and more

    ReplyDelete