Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Teapot Tuesday!


Today we are taking the royal carriage to Austin TX and the home of Virginia Blakley. Virginia recently broke the femur bone just below her hip. Not fun! Virginia loves history and has read everything on Queen Elizabeth. So our challenge for TPT this week was to bring a touch of royalty and books to Virginia. As a bonus, she loves cats but can't have one because her husband is allergic. So if we included a royal feline, all the better!

Virginia is also uber special because she is the mother of one of the kindest souls on SplitcoastStampers. Lydia, aka Understandblue, is one of the forum mods and is usually right on top of fixing any problems we might have or directing us when we're not sure we've done something correctly. Though she is not the only mod over there, she is the one I work with most often and adore her.

You can read Virginia's story in it's entirety HERE

As soon as I read the challenge details, I knew I had to use my DCWV Once Upon A Time stack. The colors and the theme were perfect for this challenge.


I paired the paper with SU Bravo Burgandy and Very Vanilla. The cat is from Paper Crafts. I inked the stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black and then over-inked it slightly with SU Bravo Burgandy. I can't remember the stamp company I got the book stamp from. I used MTB to stamp over a section of the 'story' paper in the DCWV slab then cut it out. To break up the pairing of DP/ solid CS, I used a strip of SU Elegant Eggplant to pull out the script from the DP. Then I found this rich -looking gold trim in my fiber stash. Perfect!

To finish it off, I cut the crown from a background sheet of the same CWV slab and added jewels to the crown points. I cut a slit and so Her Royal Kitty could wear her crown properly.

I hope Virginia enjoys this card as much as I did creating it for her.
Speedy Healing, Virgina and...

Creative Blessings to all!

1 comment:

  1. Great card! Love the story book DP. I am sure she will get a chuckle and start feeling better when she gets this!

    ReplyDelete