Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Recycle Wednesday

I'm not sure why, but most of my recycle always involves a book. Hmmm wonder if it has anything to do with me. As a writer, books are precious and I can't bear the thought of them ending up in a landfill when they can be re purposed.

The project I'm introducing today actually began as a Altered Art class I taught at Michaels about seven years ago.


I started with an old dictionary that was falling apart. The theme is to use the letters of the alphabet that describe me or things I like. I love all things vintage so went with a soft color pallet. I did notice as I looked back through the book this morning, I've used a lot of Anna Griffin papers. I love the colors and designs she uses in her products. We're both old souls when it comes to our likes, I think.

This was also my first step into the world of Mixed Media and Collage, which I am falling madly in love with.
Last year I took part in an A-Z tag swap and I thought what a perfect addition the tags would be to this project. 

Each letter of the alphabet has it's own 2-page spread plus four additional 2-page spreads. This will allow plenty of room for pictures, pockets for notes/ tags and quotes under each letter. Here is my opening spread for the letter A:


I want to finish this project. So the second Recycle Wednesday of each month will be a progress report until I can show you the finished project. 

 I've already thought about how I'll use 2 of the remaining page layouts. Can you guess? Leave me a comment as to what you think 2 of the 2-pg spreads will be used for. I'll pick a winner next Wednesday to receive a Ephemera Art envelope of goodies.

Creative Blessings!
Kelly



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Kelly....this book is awesome. I want to thumb through it now. Or better yet, make one too! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete