Friday, July 13, 2012

Scrapbook Friday - The Stuff

I've decided I'm ready to start getting some of the scrapbook projects done. I've been holding on to/ collecting stuff for way too long. It's time to put them into albums. So every Friday I'll be showing you a layout or two I'm working on... beginning next week.

This week I want to introduce you to my first project. We've lived in this house for five years. I've been collecting pictures, papers, embellishments, etc when we first bought the house eight years ago. Pictures of the place when we knew it was the home for us, the remodeling process, floor plans and designs I drew up, receipts for everything. Yeah, I've collected a lot of...
STUFF!

I've always known I didn't want the album to be your standard shape. I've decided to work with an 8.5x11 album... flipped horizontally. If it will work I'll have pics to show you next week of how this will give me a 3-page spread to work with. For now, let's break the STUFF down to manageable categories.

The Pictures
I have a LOT of pictures. They're the reason for doing this, right? I'm sure as I begin to scrap, not all of them will be used but I like a variety to choose from. 


The Papers
Like any house, you need a good foundation. I have specifically chosen some papers for the album theme. I'll add SU cardstock and a coordinating DP from a variety of vendors.


The Decorating Elements
I had so much fun choosing what we would use in the home to make it 'ours'. We still have a long way to go but it was an enjoyable experience to browse through home improvements stores, look at paint books/ chips and bring home samples to audition. Now that the house is done (except for our bedroom), I'm using the same process to design The Studio.


The Embellishments!
I love adding the final touches to my creations whether it be a card, journal or scrapbook page. Aside from stickers, I also have the HandyMan Cricut cartridge and some really cool brads that look like standard and phillips head screws. 

This album is going to be sooooo much fun. Come on inside and follow along on the remodel of our Dream Home!

Creative Blessings
Kel

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with Kelly. Sounds like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I have challenged myself to scrap our last 2 major trips in the next There will be lots of pages for both, but I have things pretty well organized now so that's half the battle I think. If I dn't do it soon I forget those special little details to us, and I really don't want to do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly - You were a busy blogger this week! So fun to visit you here. Love the bubble wrap and can't wait to see what you do with the scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great news...I am excited to see this work in progress, since I was around long ago, at the beginning of this decision... Happy Scrapping... wish I was there to play with you ...

    ReplyDelete