Tuesday, October 27, 2015

THE SCRAP RACK FALL CLASS - Week 2 Results


SU CARDSTOCK & Designer Paper


Last week, our assignment was to begin sorting our paper. I had most all of mine sorted from the fall class last year in preparation for the move (that took a year LOL).

I have learned through the challenge that I like storing my cardstock by the Rainbow as opposed to color family.  The top shelf is all SU Cardstock 8.5x11. The bottom shelf is GP White, SU Black as well as what I have left in SU 12x12 and the SU Designer Paper (DP).


SLABS

This shelf is all of my Slabs - DCWV,, Paper Studio and Craft Paper. One of the discussions that always comes up when talking about the ScrapRack is 'should I tear my slabs apart?' The best answer is NO. The concept behind the ScrapRack is to store things together that you will use together. Most slabs are a theme within themselves... so you will use those papers together on your projects.  

So that I have a reference of what I have taken a picture of the cover of each slab. As soon as I have an ink cartridge for the photo printer, I will print them out as a 4x6 photo. These will store in the pockets of the Perfect Six page, giving me a visual reminder of each slab I have here.


6 x 6/ 4.5 x 6.5

I will cover these boxes with fabric to match the studio. I'm a flipper and this works for me.


Loose paper by Theme


Divider tab made from a plastic place mat.

Because I don't have a lot of pages per theme, I plan to move these to the ScrapRack in their specific categories.  I am going to keep the Christmas paper stored like this as I have a lot of Christmas papers.

I have pictures of my scrap rack as it's shaping up but they are on my phone. I'll have pictures of that soon.

I can't believe how much more space I have within the studio now that I'm storing about 90% in the ScrapRack.  The key is finding what works for you. I am a flipper so file storage and book page style work best for me.

And because I've accomplished Week 2, I get my Reward...  $50 in my Travel bank!

What is working for you? Please share!

Creative Blessings! 
Kel



1 comment:

  1. Wow, it looks great. Whew, and it's good to know that I have been doing the right thing by not tearing apart my slabs! love all the organizing you are doing in your new space.

    ReplyDelete