Monday, January 18, 2016

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Tim Holtz January 2016 Tag


I'm diving into Tim Holtz's tag series again. I fell off the wagon in March of last year due to frustration. Frustrated at not having my tools where I could get to them or the right tools. I'm hoping this year will be different.

So first thing this morning I went into my studio to start on the tag .... and couldn't find the crate that holds over 100 pre-cut tags. I know they are in that room somewhere because the cabinet they were in is in the room... and has been for several months. However, I've not paid much attention to getting the mixed media side of the room organized. That was the project for last weekend but a horrid sinus infection moved into two cavities and I didn't do much of anything but sleep all weekend. While I'm making progress in the room, I still have a long way to go to have everything the way I want them.

This year Tim is mixing things up a little bit. He is going back into archived tags to put a new spin on past techniques. For JANUARY  we are playing with metal tape (available in plumbing at your local home improvement store).  Here's the tag I came up with:


You can see his list of supplies by clicking on the JANUARY above. I did not have some of the items he used so I improvised.

MY SUPPLIES:
Manila Tag Base
Foil Tape
Folk Art Paints; Licorice & Whicker White (substitutes for Black Soot & Picket Fence)
               
Brilliance Moonlight White ink
Stamp: InkaDinkaDo
Darice EB Folder: Assorted Clocks
DCWV Black cardstock
TH: Word Band (Live In the Moment), Spinners
Foam adhesive, The Paper Studio Washi

I failed to do any of the heat embossing or crystal effects. I might redo this one later. But for now, I'm thrilled to be playing again. 

There is still plenty of time for you to join us! Go HERE and share your creative journey!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful tag! Great minds think alike with the use of this stamp. Hehe! Love how you added the spinner and popped up the watches. Awesome sauce design and details! Happy crafting. Hope you get this sorted and your sinus is better. Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete