Wednesday, June 5, 2024

WOYWW 783 & A Short Video

 
Good morning, crafty friends.

Looks like another rainy day in the Ozarks. Bob has the truck loaded and is headed home. One trip down and five to go.

NOTE: I have ATCs done. they were a bit delayed in posting due to Memorial Day events here. I hope to get them mailed tomorrow or Friday.

I meant to post last week but was a bit out of sorts. I'll put a video and further explanation at the end of the desk.

Speaking of:


This is my desk as I left it yesterday afternoon following a collage tag video (posted to youtube Tuesday afternoon)

I love how these mini tags came out. They were inspired by Margret at SevenPlaza.

Now... where was I last week? Recovering from a cyclone. If you'll watch the video below (posted by Jordan Hall), you'll see that on Memorial Sunday, a cyclone hovered over my house. I have time stamps in my comments on the video (KellysCreativeDreams)


All is well here. Barely a twig out of place. Can't say much for the business and house a mile west of me. While the house wasn't damaged, every tree in direct proximity to their house was uprooted. The business lost their roof, moved a couple of vintage cars and scattered said roof along the 4-lane highway for a mile. A friend of hours lost his shed and roof on the tornado that came through on Saturday morning.

In the 18 years we've lived here, we've had to go to our shelter four times... two of those were last weekend!

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Sarah and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to
Sarah’s Craft Shed for all the details. Miss Sarah has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 


Be safe, Be prepared, Be blessed!
Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly


8 comments:

  1. Oh good grief Kelly, how scary was that??! I’m so thankful that your house was spared but it sounds like your neighbourhood was affected really badly. Given all that, I wouldn’t worry about posting your ATCs, everyone will understand. I hope that Bob has a good trip and gets home safe and sound.
    Hugs LLJ 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful for you and your neighbours Kelly. So glad your property was not damaged but so terrifying for nevertheless. Extreme weather seems to be on the increase sadly. I am sure some delayed ATCs don't matter. Stay safe and thanks for joining in with WOYWW. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. good grief! I am glad you didn't suffer any damage - but how close was that! Hope Bob gets home safely. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary indeed! I feel sorry for your neighbour, but I am very glad you are okay. Loving your tags and will watch the video. Happy WOYWW. Angela #16

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, you have a close shave last week. The video really shows what they are like. Love the tags. Hugs BJ#7

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always amazed by what these things pick up and what they leave behind but I'm glad you're okay! So sorry for the late visit! I got distracted part way through my list - oops! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #13 www.prettymypage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn’t find the tag video last week. Is the Spectrum Art group to do with a particular brand?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I'd left you a comment but it looks like I imagined it Lol! Loving the tags but not the tornado, that's scary. Thanks for the lovely comment over at mine too. Happy crafting Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete