Wednesday, August 19, 2026

WOYWW 898

 Good morning, crafty friends!

We are just two weeks away from 900. I'm sooo excited! I've already pulled my first WOYWW post and scheduled it so I don't forget.

I've posted a video about using other glue's besides mod podge for that napkin technique. Thanks to our Angela for leaving the question on the video last week.  You'll find that video HERE.

Two desks again this week:


ironing platform

After testing fabric with mod podge yesterday I decided I need 3 more 'pockets' for the journal. I'm doing everything in fours for the Patriotic journal. I have the cardstock drying. I'll get the fabric ironed into place this afternoon.

The photo piece in the upper left is part of a fairy challenge I'm working on for Spectrum Art Creations FB group. Still needs a little fussing.

While I don't need the ironing platform as a filming station, I am keeping the filming table cleared until I can get a new piece of wall board for that space. For now, the filming table looks like this:


filming table

Only thing there right now is the silicone brush I used to spread glue. This afternoon I plan to take the desk down, move the 4 art carts and give this space a good vacuum while I wait to go after the wall board.

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Sarah and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Sarah’sCraft Shed for all the details. Miss Sarah has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly





4 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, I think I must have missed you last week though it was an odd week for me. I like Modpodge it behaves quite differently to some glues and there are lots of variations now too. Good luck at getting all the jobs done. Have a great woyww. Hugs Angela x7x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew you could do that with fabric and mod podge, you live and learn! Hope you get your filming table sorted ok 🤞
    Hugs LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the additional information Kelly. We will be back home in two weeks so perhaps I can try it out. I think I have Anita’s glue at home. Have you tried the technique of having clingfilm as the bottom layer over card and then putting the napkin over it, then ironing? I haven’t tried that myself, but watched a YouTube a while ago. Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day's a school day. I would never have thought of putting mod podge on fabric! Good luck with getting the new wall board to replace your current filming table. Have a good week. Elizabeth #11

    ReplyDelete