Monday, July 17, 2017

COLOR CHALLENGE #6

I live in a part of the country where canoeing makes up a majority of our summer season. If you live in the Ozarks, you go to the river when it's hot. Once warm weather moves in for the summer, a majority of the population work towards the weekend when they can move tents and campers to the river. They wade or swim in the Current or Jacks Fork river or hop on an inner tube. If they don't own a canoe, there is an abundance of places to rent one. Some will take you to a starting point then you float back down to a designated area for pick up. As we're in the final throws of summer before kids go back to school (school starts August 9th!!!), I thought I'd pull out some beachy colors for this month's challenge. 


summer hues

When I looked at these colors I saw Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Calypso Coral and Blushing Bride. The challenge came down to narrowing the colors I wanted to use.

This is what I came up with:


All colors are from Stampin' UP!

4.25 x 5.5 Soft Sky 
Stamp Set - Balloon Adventures (Stampin' UP! retired)
Balloons from left to right - Calypso Coral, Pacific Point, Blushing Bride
Inks in same colors
Strings - Memento Black
Banner - Marina Mist with Memento Black sentiment
Paper - Ice Cream Parlor (Retired SU 2011)

I ghost stamped the tone on tone of each solid balloon then stamped the tone on tone with a pattern.

This card is winging it's way to one of my besties this morning.  

Okay, I've shown me mine, let's see yours!


RULES:
There aren't any rules. You may use any company product you like. My only request is if you use a stamp or something special, link to the company so we may add to our stash, too :-D

Remember... you can add a neutral light color to any of the color challenges. You also don't have to use all the colors from the Inspiration Photo. Pick a minimum of THREE and have some fun. Link to your post (Please use a direct link to THE POST - not to your general blog link. Need assistance, just email me and I'll help)

Show us your COLORS!

KEYWORD: KCC6







No comments:

Post a Comment