Tuesday, March 27, 2018

ARTFUL STAMPIN' - February Challenge


Today, I'm posting the cards I made for the February Artful Stampin' Christmas Challenge. No, I'm not late... for a change. Each new challenge is posted at the end of the month - giving us four weeks to do the challenge and post to the FB group.

Last month's post HERE was the January Challenge. Today I'm showing the February Challenge - because it was issued in February. At some point in the next couple of days, we'll receive the March Challenge - which I'll show you next month.

Confused now? LOL I do my best.

The February Challenge was to make a minimum of four cards in Non-Traditional Christmas colors. I knew I wanted to work with the Feeling of Christmas (retired Holiday 17 catalog)


Then I chose Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry. Coastal Cabana was actually supposed to be Bermuda Bay but I didn't have enough cardstock to make the mats so I swapped out a color that worked the best with the DSP I chose, Bubbles and Fizz from Sale A Brations and Lots of Love DSP from the Holiday 2017 catalog. The colors do not show up true in the pictures



I did a ghost stamping of the wreath background in Bermuda Bay then stamped the detailed image in full ink on top. I colored the wreath in with melon Mambo and added a matching Enamel Dog. The berries are punched from Melon Mambo using a standard hole punch. 

Here are the sizes:

Card Base - 5" x 7"
Card Mat - 6.75" x 4.75"
DSP Mat - 3' x 4.5"
Wreath Mat trim - .75" x 3"
Wreath - 3.5" x 3.5"
Sentiment Mat - 1.5" x 1.5"
Sentiment - 1.25" x 1.25"

I added the White Pearl Enamel Dots - coloring the ones on the Bermuda Bay cards with Bermuda Bay Stampin' Blends

Getting the most from my 12x12 sheet of DSP I have four of each color - 8 Christmas cards.

I can't wait to see what Ruth has in store for our March Challenge!
Creative Blessings!





No comments:

Post a Comment