Monday, March 19, 2018

COLOR CHALLENGE - March


Since this the month for all things Irish, I thought we'd play in the green tones. The picture above is of Water Lettuce. This is an excellent coverage plant for ponds as they help prevent sunlight from creating algae and provide shade as well as cooler water for the fish below the surface.



For this week's challenge, I chose Lemon Lime Twist, Dapper Denim and Garden Green

I've chosen Southern Serenade from the Stampin' Up! Spring Catalog again but this time I'll be using three of the stamps from the set.

I'm not linking up with other challenges this time around. I just have not had time to scope others out. I've been focusing on getting a manuscript whipped into shape so I can have it up in time for a good Christmas read selection.

However, I did get most of the way through a big project over the weekend:


I went through my Pinterest board, Sketch It! and copied all of them to an Avery  Print template. All I have to do now is cut them down to a smaller size. I haven't decided if I'm going to key ring the or put them in page protectors. Binders are so hard for me. As you'll see from my card below, I followed the Paper Play Sketches in the top left corner of this sheet.

My cards are all done in a 4.25 x 5.5 unless otherwise stated. Here's my card for this month:


I used a Lemon Lime Twist card base. I used the lace stamp from the set to stamp a background in Lemon Lime Twist on Garden Green. For the horizontal piece I used a strip of Dapper Denim, tying in to the Dappen Denim Stampin' Blends that I used on the image. For the embellishments in the top left, I used a large and small Dapper Denim enamel dot. 

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

RULES:
There aren't any rules. You may use any company product you like. My only request is if you use a stamp or something special, link to the company so we may add to our stash, too :-D

KEYWORD: KCC18MAR







No comments:

Post a Comment