Monday, May 27, 2019

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY Meets Paper Pumpkin

IMPORTANT NOTE!

I will try to keep the blog up from this point on but no promises. I'm trying to finish up house stuff before the grandgirls arrive. From there, I may not do much the first week. We will see. Just know that I am here and my brain is creating but I have a standing rule - FAMILY FIRST. Nothing else is important. 

I say that as we prepare for the new catalog launch next week! So I will do my best.

Now.. on with today's project!

I've been playing in junk journals for several months. That's what inspired the Suite Sweet journals we've been doing here.

Last week, as I cleared off the remnants of the Paper Pumpkin, I was inspired to use some of the elements in the current May Mystery Mayhem Junk Journal Challenge I've been playing in. For full details, check out  my creative blog post HERE. 

I pulled the following Media Sticks (also in that linked post)  and went to work:


Here's a group shot of the elements I made:


Quick explanation of individuals:


'Belly Band' and also my 'Collage' elementI also incorporated the paper flowers
Once placed across the page, I actually have 2 places to tuck tags:
Behind the main kraft belly and behind the leaf patterned DSP

The back of the 'flat paperclip'
The front of the paper clip has the 'metal' bird

Homemade Washi Tape using double-backed adhesive and a strip of the DSP

One of the tags behind the DSP with 'paper flowers'

'Top Tuck' and 'Paper Ruffle'

The flap on the envelope glues to the top of the page, then the envelope flips up from the 
'top tuck' to reveal a second tuck spot with a tag.

Sometimes we need to think outside the box and realize our kits and the leftover elements can be used in so many other creative ways. as fellow dem, Carol Tinson says - 'Just have a play!' You'll find her on YouTube as Sew Carol.

No comments:

Post a Comment