Monday, May 6, 2019

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY!

Wow!

As usual, life has been a whirl wind the past three weeks. Bob's gone back to work and I'm diving deep into the studio to get it cleared out/ organized and ready for the grandgirls to have room to play.

In the mean time, I'm still trying to finish the ABC Junk Journal. So far I've deconstructed what the book was originally and am in the process of putting it back together in a new form while incorporating the things from Julie's ABC challenge list. The mini-challenge items I made have vanished from sight. I knew I should never have taken them out of the project bin so I could use it for something else. Ack!  At least I know they are in the office somewhere and will be found this week.

So many things going on I'll be sharing with you in the coming weeks, but for now let's talk about the
MAY MYSTERY MAYHEM JUNK JOUNAL CHALLENGE
yeah, say that three times fast LOL

First... the list:
Cover
Guest Check
Stamping
Use of fabric
Messy Thread
Flat paper clip
Bead dangle
Fancy closure (any type)
Handmade Washi
Tassel (any type)
Playing Card
Stenciling
Junk Mail
Fussy Cut image
Journal space (lined)
Layered Collage
Belly Band
Paper Ribbon ruffle
Top Tuck
Lace Pocket
Pull tab pocket
Paper flowers
Book paper pocket
Postage stamp
Metal
Reciept or ticket
Napkin or tissue
Doily
Signature ties dangle
Pair of pockets
Bling



The challenge theme is flowers and the Mystery Mayhem part comes in to play when we choose our item to work on each day. But how are they chosen is the question. 

Julie's idea is to print out the list, then cut them into strips and toss them into a bowl to be drawn... every day it is a mystery as to what we'll be working on.

But you know I can't do anything that simple. :-P  Have you ever played Pick Up Sticks?

While going through our card game cabinet I found a Stampin' UP! shell case that had popsicle sticks
for a rummy form of game called STICKS and the light bulb went on.

You know me and color. LOL


My first thought was that this would be an excellent way to keep the challenge items as a permanent inspiration item in the studio. We all have those moments when we want to do something but the idea just won't come. Or we look at a page and think 'it needs something'.


Pretty Colors!


The final product

I look forward to utilizing this new creative tool in the studio beyond the May Mystery Mayhem Challenge.

I should have a card tomorrow. I'm trying to get as much done as possible before we get the girls. I've already put 3 blogs on hiatus until September. I may even make the decision to drop two of them completely come the new year. Safe assured... THIS blog isn't going anywhere. You guys are my buds and I have too much fun sharing with you. 

Creative Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment