Wednesday, May 22, 2019

WOYWW #520

Good morning, friends.

WOW! I can't believe some of you have been doing this for 520 weeks! I feel so  blessed to have been welcomed into this circle. Thank you each and every one who take time to comment. You are loved!

Bit of a cool morning lingering after storms yesterday. Weather forecast says we'll heat up today and get sticky sticky - ahead of yet another round of storms. I have the windows open enjoying the fresh air while I can before I have to turn on the AC.

My desk isn't very exciting. I've had to pack electronics up and tuck them into my hidey hole in the basement ahead of severe thunderstorm and tornado warnings the past couple of nights.


The new Paper Pumpkin from Stampin' Up! waiting for some play time. That's first on my list this morning. At the top right you'll see a single red rose. Plucked that from my garden yesterday before the storms blew in. Just below that is my daily sheet from my workhorse planner, my pink personal that I'm now using again for Stampin' Up! as we don't have a new one in the catalog this time 'round. I'm okay with that. I bought this little Recollections when I started with SU two years ago just for this purpose. Like reuniting with a former co-worker. Bottom right corner you'll see a card I made on Monday from the Stampin' Up! Everything is Rosy medley. Man, that medley has some gorgeous play toys. If you've not seen this special edition, you'll find lots of pictures on my SU blog as well as our current journal project on my KellysCreativeStamping YouTube channel. 

Also, I'm still playing in Junk Journal challenges. If you want to see those pics, check out my Monday posts. Mixed Media Monday

A couple quick pictures.


Spirit decided to keep me company during some video time the other day. He can be such a snob most days and as a 7th generation panther, he does have his mean side but he's still my sweet boy regardless his mood.

Lastly, 

This is one of three Clematis I planted last year. This lavender hue is called Little Duckling. That is only about 1/3 of the blooms that have opened so far. 

Only ten days left before the grandgirls will be here. So much to do, including finishing up my ATCs for the swap. A design finally clicked with me so that's on my list for tomorrow. Must finish putting the new SU stuff in place first. I have 4 left so if you'd like to swap please let me know in the comments so I may add you to my list... as soon as I remember where I put it :-)

 That's it for my desk this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 



Creative Blessings!
~Kelly

25 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, I'd be happy to swap with you, if you don't mind posting abroad. Love the clematis, I have a few in our garden. And I adore Spirit! He's a real gorgeous panther. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely desk and I love your kitty! Have a great week!
    Glenda #34

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, your flowers look beautiful. It's so rewarding to watch something grow that you planted yourself. Spirit has such a cute face, bless his socks! He's almost saying "what's ya looking at?" LOL! Happy anniversary! zsuzsa #26

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so luck in the uK that we don't have major weather events like you do..hope everything passes without causing damage. That black cat of yours is gorgeous, give him a tickle under the chin from me!!
    Happy 10th WOYWW!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My plan is to get round everyone today to wish them a very happy 10th anniversary and to thank you for your friendship and lovely comments over the years.
    Lovely furbaby and clematis.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #10

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cheery desk, Kelly. I'm glad you are safe from the storms. My electricity was out for about 24 hours on Monday into Tuesday this week. It's hard to stay calm during these types of storms, isn't it? I live next door in KS, so we had the exact same weather.

    Spirit is such a cutie. I wish Bleubeard would let me photograph him, but he's gotten shy in his "old age." You must have a green thumb because that Clematis is incredible. Happy 10th from # 4.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have had a creative play day Kelly? Spirit really is a beautiful cat and I totally agree there's a fabulous rewarding feeling when we have nurtured and grown something ourselves. Thanks for sharing WoywW & Happy 10th Anniversary Tracey #9

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you dont mind posting abroad I would love to swap with you. You can email me at carostaton (at) gmail (dot) com for my address! Happy 10 year WOYWW anniversary. Have a great week. Love & God Bless, Caro x (#27)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness I hope your weather doesn't cause any damage, it sounds pretty scary. What a gorgeous boy Spirit is, he looks quite regal sitting there!
    Happy WOYWW 10th anniversary,
    Diana x #22

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad we don't get such violent storms here! I love your clematis. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I hope the storms don’t wreck the blooms on your clematis. Or elsewhere in the garden. Does having to pack the tech away into a safe hidey hole cause you to do lots of stuff that you wouldn’t if you could just sit and browse? I wonder if I could get my taxes done any quicker if I told Mr Dunnit to hide my tablet!! Think you’re abs right about the rose medley, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The weather has been interesting in my neck of the woods too. I do like all your photos. Happy 10 year WOYWW anniversary! Dorlene #39

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 10th WOYWW to you! Really hope the storms stay away ... our storms are nothing compared to what it sounds like you have to contend with but strong winds are one weather condition I really hate. Keep safe, love Debbie #25 xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really late as I was forced to go out with friends today to drink coffee and eat scones.... I could hardly say no! but it has made me late getting round. I do hope the weather picks up for you. I'd love to swap with you if you fancy that. You could let me know from my contact form on my blog. I do have your address if it's still the same. Wishing you a lovely woyww and a happy creative week with hugs, Angela x19X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hiya! I'm late for the UK but who knows, may stillbe on time for you! Love that clematis - hope it doesn't get trashed by those storms!! Keep safe, Happy 10th Anniversary, Cindy #44

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 10th WOYWW birthday Kelly. Hope the clematis survives the storms and that you have a fabulous time with your grandchildren. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kelly Happy 10th woyww and I think I may be sending you a little something. Could you email (desand at optusnet dot com dot au)me your address and I will pop it in the post. Have a lovely week.
    sandra de @33

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kelly, happy anniversary. (ooh that is a gorgeous Clematis) mine is busy coming out of hibernation still so, no blooms yet. Hope the bad storms pass you all by. ~Stacy #35

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kelly, sorry for the late visit, we are having internet problems, keeps going off and on! Happy 10th WOYWW anniversary! The clematis looks lovely - I might have to get one for our garden. Have fun with your grandchildren! Have a lovely week Heather x #30

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Woyww-list is quite long in this anniversary-week and I want to visit every name on it, so I am still making my rounds... sorry I am late. My beloved and I moved to a new appartment last year and I am still thinking/looking for some sort of 'climbing plant' that would fit our 'balcony roof' (that looks like a pergola.) A clematis would be an idea - have to find out if it grows in a pot... Have a nice Sunday. Happy late-woyww-anniversary, hug from Holland. Marit #16

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kelly - Sorry to be so late commenting, blogger wasn't playing for me!! Happy 10th anniversary! I hope you have survived the storms and can now turn on all your electrical toys. Sounds like you are as busy as usual - seems like the word "boredom" never appeared in your dictionary - good for you!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kelly, got your message and the ATC is on it's way. Happy 10th to you too. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you survived the storms OK, Kelly, and that your kitty wasn't too frightened! Love the clematis. My hubby's just made an arbour over the path in our garden, and I think one of those would look great climbing up it. Thank you for your visit and your wise words about the disability benefit - what a great idea! I often think people shouldn't inflict stuff on others unless they've tried it themselves. Anyway, you will see some intresting news on my this week's WOYWW post which takes the sting out somewhat. Thanks also for the anniversary and hubby's birthday wishes, too. Tis the season of celebrations atm shez Shosh.

    Happy belated 10th anniversary WOYWW,
    Shoshi #15

    ReplyDelete
  24. PS Just seen your other comment! Thank you! Yes, we had a great celebration. I'm a "1950s housewife" too! My hubby often quotes from a funny book he's got about women's magazine articles of the period, and one that was about advice for new brides in the 1950s. It said that when your husband got home from work, you mustn't go on about how tired you are after all the housework, and that the kids were playing up, etc. etc., but to take his coat, get his slippers and ask if he had a good day at the office. "Remember," it said, "His topics are more important than yours"!!!!! We always laugh about our topics, and whose are most important! Hahaha! I'm a happy post-feminist who delights in CHOOSING not to be one of the rampant kind but enjoys looking after her hubby (when I've got the energy, that is).

    Happy days.
    Shoshi x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kelly, Sure hope the storms and tornados keep away from you.

    Spirit is lovely.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy 10th Anniversary WOYWW
    sue #10

    ReplyDelete