Monday, May 27, 2019

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - #MMMJJC - Mini #2

Good morning, friends.

As you read this, I'm busy making final passes through the house in prep for the grandgirls arrival. I have so many creative things planned for us. They love to create so they got the right grandma!

So today, I'm showing you Mini Challenge #2 in the May Mystery Mayhem Junk Journal Challenge. I've finally started on the actual journal and look forward to showing that off in a couple of weeks.

For now, here were the parameters for the challenge:

Fussy Cut Image
Handmade Washi
Messy Thread
Receipt or Ticket
Paper Flower


I used a time card for my base that I inked up with Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip (retired but still one of my favorite colors!) The papers are ones I had on the desk where I've been working on the ABC journal, including the fussy cut flower. While that could apply as my 'paper flower', I've aded a layered flower from my stash to the ticket. My handmade washi is the word strip on the left hand side.

Making your own Washi Tape is super simple but the absolute easiest way is to just cut a strip of paper the same width as your double sided adhesive. Mesh the two together and you have instant washi to match any project!

I know the blog is slim these days but the summer is about to get even busier. Next week I'll be showing you Mini Challenge #3 then the final journal after that. By then we'll be in to June and a new challenge will have begun!

The ABC journal is nearly finished. I'll be showing that flip-through video on a Friday Freebie soon. Stay tuned!

How will you be creative on these Lazy Hazy Days of Summer?

Creative Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment