Good morning!
Slow moving this morning but I did want to show you what I've been working on.
I've jumped back into the Spectrum Art Creations challenges in the Spectrum Art Creations Friends FB group. I love the products Madi gets in and the challenges she comes up with.
She started August with a new monthly challenge based on a prompt. At the beginning of the month she pulls a 'prompt stick' then we can interpret the prompt however we want. This month was Fairies.
I knew instantly I wanted to do a display of some sort then the project morphed from there.
I started with four things: a 4x6 easel board from $Tree, a Spectrum Art Creations original design postcard, Flower Fairy Diary stickers from Spectrum Art Creations, and a fairy light string that came in a Diverse Romance Writers conference swag box in July. The string has three settings - solid, slow bling and flashy blink.
I positioned one small fairy nimph in the Y of the tree and an onery little girl fairy on the ground, looking up at him. Then I positioned the lights on the back of the postcard so some highlighted the jars, the pearl strings and behind the girl fairy. I anchored everything with strategically-placed spots of hot glue.
I used glue dots double-layered around the edge and a couple in the darker spots of the postcard then placed on the easel.
the height of the legs on the easel bothered m so I had Bob cut them off level with the bottom of the flat part of the easel. Looked okay, but I felt the picture needed more so back to shopping for a round piece of wood, the grass, mushrooms, and pinecones. The wood base is actually a sign from $Tree that I flipped over so I had the flat back. Layered everything with the grass and embellishments for the forest floor leaving an opening in the center. I wanted to be able to pick up the easel and fold it flat for storage.
Oh.. I also had silk leaves in fall colors from $ Tree. I used a couple of small leaf dies from a Stampin' Up! set called Gorgeous Leaves and die cut them from the silk leaves to create a scattering/ pile of fall leaves.
I'm really happy how this turned out.
The other challenge I took part in for August was SHAKERS. We were to purchase our choice of shaker bits and incorporate them in anything of our choosing. I ordered three different sets of the shakers and used one of the sets in this card:
I used the Marianne's Designs ROMANCE shakables. I knew the pink hearts in the collection were perfect for a Pink Ribbon card and also matched the Polished Pink cardstock from Stampin' Up! The die cut is from the Support Ribbon from Stampin' Up! and a sentiment from my stash.
The deadine for August challenges is today and I have a couple more shaker cards planned. You'll see them in future posts.
I won't be doing a Tag Tuesday post tomorrow as I'll be finishing up the challenges, though there could be a showing of what I make today.
Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly


No comments:
Post a Comment