Wednesday, February 1, 2017

WOYWW - #400


Hard to believe we have been traveling the globe with Julia for 400 posts! I've not been here the entire time. I thank ShazSilverwolf for bringing me on board. 

I took this picture on Monday morning before we left for three days in the city. I knew I would be late linking up so wanted the post up and running when I got home today.

This is the aftermath of my flurry to finish my 14 Days of Love Valentines for my KellysCreativeStamping Stampin' UP! blog. I MUST get this cleaned up ASAP as I want other projects up on this blog as well as the next series for the Stampin' Up blog

But there you  have it. Real Chaos.

Miss Julia, you asked about my articles so I'm putting a link in the post for you.  I am Marketing Director of a cowboy/ western glossy magazine called Saddlebag Dispatches. I am also a feature writer. My first article, Rex Allen - The Arizona Cowboy is in the current issue - Winter 2016. You can read the magazine on line for Free or subscribe to the beautiful glossy print magazine.


My first article has been nominated for the prestigious SPUR award - excellence in western writing. I won't know until October or November if I'm a finalist or not.

The two articles I was working on (turning in this week) are Travels of The Journey (the story of an 1880 stagecoach used on the Butterfield-Overland mail line in AZ and is still in use today at Silver Dollar City - Branson MO

The other article will be the cover of the Spring 2017 issue - Rex Allen, Jr (still working on a title) I've known Rex for many years and he is retiring from the tour circuit this year with his Sunrise to Sunset tour.  Rex Allen, Jr was the first entertainer to sing on the Great Wall of China.

Entertainment Writing is my day job, Stampin' Up is my side-hustle and everything else is for pure enjoyment. 

Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  That's my desk? What's on yours? When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground where Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

9 comments:

  1. oh good luck with the award will keep my fingers crossed for you. I have to say the desk looks pretty tidy to me. Tracy #31

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! happy 400th, hope to see you lots more as we head into 500! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your nomination! So impressed.
    So glad you posted to WOYWW this week. Hugs #43

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting being up for nomination Kelly
    Happy 400th woyww jill #41 ,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck for the award! Your desk looks wonderfully creative. Hope you enjoyed your time away.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #38

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Love your desk.
    April #49

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the award!! Your desk looks like you have been busy! Happy 400th, and thanks for sharing! Lindart

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't look too chaotic! I like your card design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All that red & white on your table reminds me I need to get going creating a Valentine or two before next week!

    How exciting about your article being nominated for an award!!! Sounds like you have lots going with your entertainment writing & Stampin' Up & FUN!!

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog this morning!

    ReplyDelete